PC build for Data analytics, AIML etc around RTX 3060Ti or 6750XT

Greetings,
I want to build a PC build that is possible for future upgrades (next few months). I’ve detailed my current situation and future plans below.

1. Purpose: My primary focus is on data crunching and AI/ML development, alongside high-end VR gaming experiences. The system should be capable of handling intensive computational tasks with the flexibility to upgrade components for enhanced performance in the near future. GPU/CPU/RAM etc for this can be upgraded in future if required.

2. Budget: $700. Also open to second-hand parts if it means better initial value or performance. Additionally, I plan to invest an extra $500-1000 in the coming months for upgrades, focusing on a build that supports upgradability.

Accessories like monitor, keyboard, mouse, speaker etc not needed. Also have a spare 512GB SSD and hard disk.

3. Location: Mumbai, India. I’ve identified several vendors known for competitive pricing and reliability:

• Amazon India: [amazon]
  • Prime ABGB: [primeabgb]
  • Elite Hubs: [elitehubs]
  • **Game Loot: [gameloot]

4. Brand Preference: None except your recommendations

5. Current Parts: Getting RTX 2080Super or 3060Ti or RX6750XT for 180$

6. Overclocking: maybe, I intend to overclock with a view to future component upgrades.

7. Resolution: My current setup operates at WFHD resolution.
8. Build Timeline: The assembly is planned within the next few days, recognizing that prices and availability are subject to change.

9. Software Needs: No additional software purchases are required for this build.
Additional Details:

• Upgradability: Withing one year, planning to upgrade but much sooner actually —selecting a case, motherboard, and PSU that facilitate easy upgrades. The goal is to accommodate a high-end GPU and potentially other high-performance components in the year ahead.
  • Upgrade Motivation: : to enhance my capacity for data analytics and AI/ML project work, and to start my VR gaming experience.
  • Peripherals: keyboard, mouse, monitor, Bluetooth/WiFi receiver) etc and will not need replacements.

I look forward to your recommendations on how to best approach this build, particularly in making initial selections that align with my upgrade aspirations.

Thank you in advance!

Current Parts: Getting RTX 2080Super or 3060Ti or RX6750XT for 180$

Get a 3060 non-TI and thank me later.

If budget is an issue, I build around 8-cores and a 3060:
5700x
reasonable B650 Motherboard
64 GB Ram - or get 1x32 and soon another 32GB

I think that could be the best bang for the buck AI/ML learning machine. 3060 is a must because of the 12GB VRAM.

I thought this topic was similar…

Anyway, my stance hasn’t changed here, $700 will not buy you a PC with a decent GPU (atleast not brand new).

As I mentioned last time; You can put together a bare bones AM5 system with either an APU or Ryzen 7600 that will then be replaced by a good $1000 CPU + GPU combo down the line. Though you would save a lot of money and time if you can just wait until this autumn and build a $1.7k system directly.