Pancakes - PLL got triggered in the lounge recipe thread edition (tm)

What caused this thread: (my best friend cant cook pancakes. then the following were involved in further hastening the necessity of this thread. @mutation666 @redocbew @GigaBusterEXE

Ladies and gentleman this is an American :us: forum and therefore we make American :us: products the right way… ourselves. :rofl: with only slight hints of :canada:'ian treasure.

If you think the powder in a box is better. your opinion belongs on facebook you know:

The Ingredients

Waltz yourself over to the most american store ever… Walmart and get yourself the following

Wet Ingredients
Eggs: (pasteur raised if you prefer)

Buttermilk

Butter

Vanilla

Some canadian/vermont liquid gold… Only real maple syrup no aunt jemimah or your banned :hammer:

or if you dont like bourbon (heathens)

Dry Ingredients
Real good flour (whole wheat if you prefer)

Some sugar

Some damn clabber girl

some salt (at the time of creation of this thread im already a self contained salt block)

The Recipe

2 cups flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder (you may optionally get some baking soda and add equal amounts)
1 ¼ teaspoons salt
2 ½ cups buttermilk
2 large eggs
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Splash of vanilla (subjective)
Coconut oil for the griddle

Steps so easy anymonkeyone can do it

Step 1: Turn your pancake griddle on to about 325 F

Step 2: Sift your measured flour

Step 3: Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a bowl

Step 4: Using the whisk, make a crater in the center

Step 5: In a separate bowl mix/whisk the measured buttermilk, eggs and vanilla together

Step 6: Pour it and the melted butter into the crater

Step 7: Going from the center out, whisk everything together until all ingredients are mixed together. Do not overbea its supposed to be lumpy. If you need to pause. The batter maybe refrigerated for not longer than 1 hour. You want bubbles in your batter so they come out fluffy

Step 8: Using a measuring cup or ladle shoot for 1/3 cup batter into each pancake pour on the griddle. Dont over crowd that surface you want room to flip.

Step 9: Flip pancakes after bubbles rise to surface and bottoms brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Cook until the other sides are lightly browned. Place on a plate and eat. Do not stop cooking until you have used all the batter. :stuck_out_tongue: … Pour some syrup on it. About a tablespoon will do :wink:

4 Likes

(Reserved for when I actually cook some. Picture steps)

(its dinner time rn)

I think there is a go pro at the office, I’ll post my any% speedrun of power-pancakes

4 Likes

HAHA this thread honestly started as a joke so go for it. Ill probably post mine when I make them

Recipe I’ve been using for a while

2 Likes

You have no power here.

1 Like

I will be the ghost of maple syrups past

brown dyed corn syrup

heathen

:joy:

1 Like

Nice. Some don’t like buttermilk. Others do. Lol

Here’s my ghettobuster recipe

Pancake mix (not that shitty butter milk shit)
Water

Add water and mix until uhhhhhh goopy consistency, fail and over water, add more mix, too dry, now add more water, repeat at least 3 times

Now make 18 one inch thicc plate sized pancakes

5 Likes

Before reading this post I thought I knew what shitposting was, but I was mistaken.

3 Likes

My mother used to make her own syrup from boiling brown sugar and water and adding maple flavor.

I haven’t fallen far from the tree…

1 Like

You forgot to add the bacon.
Although not everyone likes pancakes with bacon :laughing:

1 Like

Bacon pancakes are canon here.

I may have fucked up, all I had was rainbow unicorn pancake mix and I only repeated the mix/water additions twice.

4 Likes

Yeah you gotta be prepared to feed a family of 5, those are rookie numbers

2 Likes

This thread needs @wolfleben waffle recipe

1 Like

But I’m only a family of one

Dammit, now I need more powder

2 Likes

3 Likes

triggered

/s lol this thread