Overclocking Question

okay i can't stand this, rtw is full of people who know this shit, is nobody able to help!?

Okay, im editing this so i don't have to make like over 9000 posts in one go, but cpuz and sys info both say that the processor is only operating on 2.55GHZ, the stock clock speed, when the bios says its running at 2.82. I lowered the voltage to 1.244V. rebooted, and all programs still say the same. EXCEPT for coretemp, which says the CPU's multiplier is constantly switching from 9.5 to 6. when its at 9.5 its right, 2.82GHZ, when its at 6 its 1.77GHZ

also, with a reduced voltage im at 44/37! thats MUCH nicer. FSB= 295, MULTIPLIER: 9.5 VOLTAGE: 1.24365

Dude it hasn't been 10min yet. We all have lives....

ive got 3.4ghz on my 720 at stock voltages and 25c on stock cooler is that right? the bios says 40c but i dont want to believe that. overdrive says 25c. i think you should go as far as possible on stock voltages.

50CalPotato learn to edit your posts. 4 post in a row is just abusing.

50CalPotato wrote 6 hours ago »

okay i can't stand this, rtw is full of people who know this shit, is nobody able to help!?

Okay, im editing this so i don't have to make like over 9000 posts in one go, but cpuz and sys info both say that the processor is only operating on 2.55GHZ, the stock clock speed, when the bios says its running at 2.82. I lowered the voltage to 1.244V. rebooted, and all programs still say the same. EXCEPT for coretemp, which says the CPU's multiplier is constantly switching from 9.5 to 6. when its at 9.5 its right, 2.82GHZ, when its at 6 its 1.77GHZ

I told you to stress test you FSB first.

Once you get your peak clock, then we can start helping you ocing that cpu.

The reason why your multiplier is changing. You have your C1E enabled. You need to disable it.

Can you post your Bios settings here(settings and voltages)? It is better if you post your bios picture. I will try to help you

if it is switching from 9.5 to 6 constantly then you did not turn off C1E and Intel Speedstep, turn that stuff off as it also switches volts and can cause your OC to crash and BSOD

peacepcf wrote 6 hours ago »

ive got 3.4ghz on my 720 at stock voltages and 25c on stock cooler is that right? the bios says 40c but i dont want to believe that. overdrive says 25c. i think you should go as far as possible on stock voltages.

have you gone higher with your 720? i have been looking everywhere online for a reference clock for 3.7GHz. 720s are very OCable chips. :P

haha my Athlon 5000+ has been to 3.1 stably. just by turning up the multiplier to 15.5

Good work KOkun ^^

As for clocking, a great tip is googling for example: "E7200 with "insert mobo name here" overclock"

Speaking of overclocking, I just got my Q6600 at 3.4Ghz stable. Working on 3.6+ later

MeGotRice wrote 40 minutes ago »

Speaking of overclocking, I just got my Q6600 at 3.4Ghz stable. Working on 3.6+ later

Rice, I have mine @ 3.6GHz stable, and I am going to Oc it more next week.

I hate the 65nm die... it eats up so much voltage ;_;

at least you got yours to overclock past 3.0ghz ;_;

you are all good people.

Anyway... i disabled C1E and intel speedstepping. My voltage is currently set a 1.24500V which is about 0.02 volts higher than stock. i've pushed the FSB to 320, running at 3.01GHZ. running prime 95. im getting similar temps (60/57)