Overclocking problem

I recently overclocked my Ryzen 5 1400 to 3.7Ghz using Ryzen master. I’ve begun to experience some instability. I’ve tried resetting my Overclock multiple times, and it’s now thinking my overclock is the default for my processor.

Is there any fix you guys could think of for this?

Ryzen 5 1400
ASRock AB350 Gaming K4
16 gigs of ram
Gigabyte RX 580

Did you reset your BIOS? Afaik Ryzen Master write those overclock changes directly to the BIOS.

1 Like

OK, weirdly enough, everything seems to be running fine now. But I had to manually run the cpu at correct speeds. Using cpuz and windows task manager, windows still thinks the base clock is 3.7, but it’s running alot better now. I have it manually set to the original base clock and it’s become alot more stable.

I’m going to try doing a cmos reset when I’m done with my work.

Edit 1: Ok, I’m wondering how in the heck this worked? Resetting the cmos actually worked. I had tried loading defaults on the motherboard, I’ve uninstalled Ryzen Master, everything.

Actually pulling all power from the motherboard, and doing a bios reset via the jumper on the board for cmos reset, actually fixed the problem.

But I’ve actually like loaded defaults on the bios and this problem didn’t fix itself. I’ve changed power plans in windows. And the whole time Windows thought the base clock on this processor was 3.7 Ghz.

Doing a physical cmos reset, actually fixed this and none of those other perameters didn’t?

WHY?
If anyone else, has insight, or an idea of what the heck happened? I’d be totally intruiged.

Edit 2: Also, figured out what my REAL problem is. My video card kept just shutting down and everything would keep going with no video.

I was getting tired of this. It would do it while watching videos, or playing games this card had played for months without any problems.

But once I forced the fans to stay on, and at 80 percent, it stopped doing it. Apparently this card keeps having a temp spike, and it keeps shutting itself down to ''save itself". Is there any way I can shut this behavior off?

open ryzen master and load the default settings.
save
reboot
all should be back to normal.
if not
uninstall ryzen master.
boot into bios and load optomized defaults.
go through your settings for drive order, iommu, cool and quiet and the likes to make sure they are as you want em.
turn on pbo.
check your ram speed is set to the correct mem profile… (dont change anything timing wise just select and apply the profile)
save and reboot.

you should be back to defaults.

1 Like

I did this, and the problem had still persisted. I had to completely reset the cmos. In order for the problem to go away. I’m not sure why, or how it persisted after loading optimized defaults, but it did.

It even persisted after uninstalling Ryzen Master.

But resetting the cmos fixed it all. I don’t know why.

It even kept it after loading default settings with Ryzen Master.

But it’s fixed now.

Planning on rebuilding this pc when I get my next check.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.