Overclocking my A6-4400m

Ok before you say don't overclock you laptop...bad cooling...will ruin your laptop...blah blah blah.  I just built a new desktop as my laptop was struggling to run games at all, and i wanted to get away from my consoles, so with my desktop my laptop isn't all that important and I wanted to have some fun with it.  Even if it dies i can pick up a cheap laptop that I can use when away from home.  Anyways in AMD overdrive you can disable turbo core and set the frequency to 3.2ghz(it runs at 2.7 stock) max with a basic slider.  However when ever I close out of overdrive and I check my frequencies, they always reset back to 2.7. I just want that simple overclock and I will be happy!

i don't know how does your bios look like and never overclocked a laptop but it should be just a matter of adjusting voltage and push frequency. I always overclock in bios but i have intel so what do i know 

3.2 is probably the turbo (which in my experience never works on amd), i highly doubt you have any overclocking ability whatsoever

The AMD M series chips are voltage locked, aka, you can't overclock them. 

The thing is I can lock the frequency to 3.2 as long as overdrive is open, but as soon as i close it, the frequency goes back to 2.7.  I could just run it at 3.2 with turbo core disabled, and have overdrive running, but with the 4600m's limited cpu power overdrive makes me lag in games, that I would normally not lag, making the oc pointless at that point.

Also just because they are voltage locked that does not mean that you cant oc them, I have seen plenty of people have small oc's on voltage locked chips.