Overclocking failed!

I have an fx 8350 build

Mobo: asus m5a99x evo r.2.0

Ram: corsair vengeance ddr3 1600mhz cl9

Stock cpu cooler

Seagate barracuda 1tb

Cooler master thunder 550w

Asus gtx 650ti 1gb dcu2

So the problem is i did not attempt to overclock my system but when i start my system sometimes like 5 times in hundred,it boots up with overclocking failed.

I only remember selecting 1600 mhz in ram in bios because it was running at 1333 mhz.

Please help me, I'm worried because my mom uses that system now so nothing bad happens because she does not know how to fix things up.

*asus m5a99x evo r.2.0

It's an Asus protective feature. It happens every time the computer wasn't tuned off property (i.e. power outage)

I don't know why they call it "Overclock failure" although I can see that those situations happen more frequent with unstable OC. 

So that means its okay or should i worry?

Everything is fine. All that happens when you get that message is that everything is reset to default on the UEFI

Also, if you aren't overclocking your CPU, leave the RAM speed on auto. No need for custom XMP profile.  

How much of an OC are we talking about? Or did you only change the RAM speed?

OCing with the stock cooler is a big nono.

he probably has the same issues, that i have with my M5A97 EVO R2.0, he probably just bumped up the multiplier, and set a manual voltage.

My board does the same wierd thing, wenn overclocking due multiplier. i cannot bump up my multiplier passed 22.5 x 200 = 4500Mhz. if i wanne bump my multiplier higher my board just does fail for some reason.

Try Northbridge overclocking deu bus ratio. instead of multiplier. With the bus ratio overclock, i was able to get my FX8350 stable at 4815Mhz and ram at 1926mhz.

Here is a more usefull guide for Northbridge overclocking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MckeAmnDeTk

i was lucky that i have an older FX8350, which was stable at 1.44V.

But remember, you cannot go that high as 240 on your bus ratio, because you are on a stock cooler everything will overheat.

nonononoon,*i am not overclocking at all*

i am just setting ram to its stock speeds ie. 1600mhz because it was running at 1333 mhz by default.i am telling this because that is why overclocking failed occurs.or i have bad ram or mobo.

You will also need to manually set the RAM timings. This maybe what is causing the error to occur.

what timings should i set,i have corsair vengeance ddr3 1600 cl9 ram. 4x2dimms