Overclocking cpu, PC boots somewhat slow?

when i overclock my cpu the boot up is somewhat slow as in like the windows log on sound doesn't come straight after the you see the desktop and the icons on my desktop go through a slow refresh loosing their images for a while becoming those 'blank papers' then come back to normal while the windows log on sounds. anything causing this.

AMD FX6300 @4.0ghz 1.25V

M5A99X EVO R2.0

CORSAIR CX 500

R9 270X ASUS DIRECT CUII TOP

8 GB HYPERX BLU CL9 RAM DUAL CHANNEL 

ps. it annoying the heck out of me and changing the cpu clockspeed doesnt help except when changing back factory speeds it boots up fine.

You might want to check bios settings for boot cpu speed and set it to your current oc.

This is probably a windows problem. Use core parking for your amd cpu, and also enable all cores during boot.

i can also confirm i see something similar

FX-6350 / GA-970A-UD3P / HyperX 3K 120gb SSD

(different ram/gpu's made no difference to this)

- on all stock with all power savings enabled windows 8 boots crazy fast
like the blue windows logo often just blinks so fast that you can't even see it much and boom you're at the logon screen,
with all sorts of different overclocks you can add 2-3 seconds to this atleast... sometimes a few more
windows logo always stays on a bit longer...

any ideas? 

And I thought I was going crazy lol,my 8320 loads instantly on stock settings but at 4.7ghz it's slower,wtf..

was about to comment then i realised it was a 3month old thread