Overclocked non-k 2600

i’m sure theres a few people here that’ve overclocked their non-k 2600’s. i also have currently i have my turbo multipliers set to 39,40,41,42 and my FSB set to 106mhz. it works and it’s very stable, my question is regarding the vcore. what is considered too high? at auto it maxes out to 1.381 is that too high for 24/7 usage? my temps go no higher that lower 70s c using a 212 evo… i just want to make sure i’m not putting too much on a 6 year old cpu… any help is appreciated…

There’s usually no need to adjust the voltage on a non-K Sandy. Only the very worst ones need extra voltage.

On my own 2500 I simply set the multiplier at 41 (which is as far as that one will go) and called it a day. Haven’t had a single crash so far.

I don’t know what exactly counts as too much, but I’d try to decrease VCore as much as possible. For refernece: I was running my 2500k @4.4GHz with a VCore of about 1.2V and those weren’t even the best settings. So try to decrease your VCore, or read up on your CPUs specification, if you truly want/need to know its limits. That being said, your VCore looks fine, but less should be possible which would result in less heat generation and less power consumption.

thanks, i know the data sheet says .250 - 1.52 but i think we can all agree that running at 1.52 would most likely severely shorten the lifespan of your processor… i haven’t toyed with lowering it, however that’s not a terrible idea. i’ve been running like this for some time now and haven’t had issue at all i’ve wondered and googled and from what i’ve read anything below 1.4 is considered safe. but it is the internet and i finally decided to get a second opinion.