Outlook + Shared Company Calendar

Hey Guys,

a friend asked me, to help improve the IT in his small business (around 5 users). He uses a QNAP NAS for network storage, windows 7 machines and MS office 2010.
It's all a little messy and not documented and since I'm doing it as a favor, I really don't want to create a problem, where I have to sit around for days just to fix it.

Now to the actual problem: His mail runs on pop3 and I wanted to move to Exchange for a proper sync. Well, due to the whole domain/webhosting etc situation, I really don't want to touch anything on the domains, so moving the mail servers is out of the question.

Fortunately I can at least use IMAP. That solves the mail-sync, but implementing a synced company-wide calendar seems to be pretty hard with outlook. So my question: Is there any simple solution for that, like using WebDAV/CalDAV on thunderbird/lightning?

O365 an option?

1 Like

I was going to say the same. if they don't have someone in-house to manage what you are going to set up when things go wrong (and they will) they will have no hope.

the shared calendar, as they are small you can just set up an email address and then share the calendar from that to the other users. that will be synced but this method doesn't scale well so this is a stop gap.