Our new pfSense Build, share yours!

pfSense has already made a world of difference to our connection, 1Gb/500Mb over fibre! Let the hosting begin.

Specs:

• Rev: pfSense 2.3.2
  • CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E6300 @ 1.86GHz
  • RAM: 2GB DDR2 @ 800MHz
  • NIC: Intel PRO/1000 PT Quad Port NIC (Low Profile)
  • USB: 8GB Sandisk Cruzer Blade

Not much else to it, manages our Gigabit WAN happily. I’m happy to answer any questions or help troubleshoot any problems you might be having.

Share your boxes below!

4 Likes

I've had this one for a while.

These labels are out of date, but same interfaces.

The system is a Phenom II X4 with 4gb DDR2 memory, two 150gb WD velociraptors in RAID1 (picked them up cheap on ebay), a quad port intel card and two single port intel NICs.

WAN and public have their own separate physical interfaces which makes it easy to monitor, the other interfaces (LAN, WiFi, DMZ) share a 4 port link aggregation using VLAN interfaces. Then there are two VPN connections for torguard, another VPN that connects to a VPS which I use as the public IP for my servers, and another VPN for remote access.

I run snort on all the external interfaces and have strict firewall rules between the others.

Basically overkill, but it's fun to play around with :P

1 Like

Nice build :) I currently run a PC Engine apu2c4 and I'm massively jelly of your internet! "only" got 50/15

I have this pfSense box for about 3 years now.
mainboard: Intel DQ77KB cpu: Celeron G1610
em0 wan: 500/500 Mbps internet
em1 connected to a TL-SG3216 managed switch
30 gb ssd

I do host a plex media server, nextcloud, openvpn server and a rsync backup server at home and moved the mail server to a vps a few months ago. I started with an i3 cpu but replaced it later with a Celeron, which is still fine for 500 Mbps download.

I basically had a Lenovo M58 with a Core 2 Duo and 8GBs of RAM. I ran into a lot of software issues and never could get them sorted out. Currently it's just sitting in a closet.