Optical Drive in a Zaber Sentry 2.0?

Is this even possible? Not that i’d ever spend that much money on a mini-ITX case, it’s hilarious. But I don’t see any way of an optical drive being an option. No exposed area for an expansion bay of any kind. Sooo… Optical drive in the Sentry 2.0 is a no-go?

Maybe if you got a super slim slot loader and just cut a thin slit for a disc and mounted it some how. It would all be DIY mods though.

Yeah, so in other words, no. Would LOVE a case like the Sentry with a low-profile slit for feeding discs. OMFG! The Xbox One X’s is exactly what i’m thinking. GORGEOUS!

The Silverstone ML 07 and Silverstone FTZ 01 come to mind.

They don’t look like the Zaber, though. That’s ok, i’m not planning on buying on anytime soon, just curious. Mini ITX is still in refinement stages I would say. But has come a long way quickly.

1 Like

Maybe you can write DrZaber an email pitching the idea of a slim loader optical drive version.

Nope, good thing they didn’t waste space on ancient physical media.

3 Likes

Eh ncase did it correct, SSD slot but could be odd with different top plate. Honestly USB external odd is fine I don’t miss it being internal

Not a waste of space at all. Only reduced potential. And options.

Yeah, it would be really nice. Although i’m unsure of why the case is so obscenely expensive. I think $150 CDN is more than enough for any Mini ITX. Even that one. Close to 300 is ridiculous. I paid almost that much for my Phantom 820. They’re a little ridiculous.

There. You’ve answered your own question.

Why did you create a topic about this? It’s a waste of time. Why is the price hilarious? Their cases are very high quality and incredibly well designed with tight cooperation with the pc community. If you can’t find a use for it, doesn’t mean someone else won’t.
You strike me as the type of guy that asks “Can a Ferrari tow a trailer? Not that I would spend so much money on a car, it’s hilarious.”

The point of the case is to be less than or equal to console size for those that don’t want a bulky HTPC or a gaming pc next to a TV.

1 Like

Because I can, and I like wasting people’s time on level1techs because everyone’s here on their own time that gets used because it’s precious especially when you’re investing time on the forum. :joy:

The FUCK is your problem, dude? Randomly bitching and snaring and being a negative asshat out of the blue? If you don’t have anything positive to say, don’t say anything at all. Talk about wasting time.

This is exactly the question you didn’t answer.

And this is the very point you decided to disregard in my response.

I’m very far from a negative asshat. All I did was I made a snarky response to a useless question.
The quality of the question dictates the quality of the answer. And your question and the basis for this topic are both poor.

1 Like

Because it is low production volume. Something something economy of scale.

1 Like

No, even if you cut out the GPU and use slim optical drive you most likely have compatibility issues with motherboard and SFX PSU.

Sentry was not designed to have optical drive in the first place. Case was most likely designed to include certain parts and be extremely thin and small gaming capable case.

Better option nowadays is to use external optical drive, unless you use optical media a lot.

Also as MazeFrame pointed out, Sentry has low production volumes. It’s a niche product that has niche price. There’s cheaper slim ITX cases available if Sentry is out of your budget.

1 Like

@Prenihility Don’t insult other members.

8 Likes