Opinon on these CS exam questions

Im currently a BSc Computer Science student in my first year.
These are some sample questions for my Information Systems module.
How relevent are these questions to real life, Are things like “Application Intergration” and “Work Systems Frame works” ever going to come up?

Question: Which ONE of the following statements is NOT a type of application integration?

a)  Data-oriented B2B 

b)  Application Interface-Oriented B2B

c)  Portal-Oriented B2B

d)  Input data into database 

Answer: d)

Question: Which ONE of the following statements is NOT an advantage of network?

a)  New ways of working 

b)  Geographically dispersed business may operate as a single entity

c)  Please the customers 

d)  Improved data security with backing up data timely 

Answer: c)

Question: Which Two of the following statement is to directly increase business value?

a)  Database operation 

b)  Put product information in chat room

c)  Insert product information into search result

d)  Middleware

Answer: b) and c)

Question: Which ONE of the following statements is incorrect?

a)  Information systems improve communication by data sharing

b)  Information systems improve communication by sharing resources

c)  Information systems improve communication by enabling more effective communication 

d)  Information systems improve communication by using more printers 

Answer: d)

Question: Which ONE of the following statements is NOT a principal of the work system framework?

a)  Perform the work efficiently 

b)  Maximize profit 

c)  Please the customers 

d)  Minimize the effort consumed by the technology 

Answer: b)

Question: Which ONE of the following statements is correct?

a)  Complex systems may be improved by eliminating low value options

b)  Complex systems cannot be improved by eliminating low value options 

c)  Complex systems may be improved by eliminating high value options

d)  Complex systems cannot be improved at all

Answer: a)

Question: Which one of the following is NOT a process charateristic?

a)  Data sharing

b)  Level of intergration

c)  Degree of structure

d)  Attention to errors

Answer:

The topics may come up but questions like those never will. What class and level is this and what school?

This is first year BSc degree, Talking to seccond and final year students its seems they put piss easy modules like this in the first year, then more complex modules in the seccond and third year.

One way to look at it is you’re getting your brain molded whilst getting points on a course that leaves enough homework time.

First year is always hard to plan, because you need to pick a lie enough common denominator for all students and start with things that don’t have too many prerequisites.

It’s hard to tell whether the course is useful just from those questions, can you provide more links?

Disclaimer: I don’t know anything about computer science and about the questions above.

As a fellow student of a different field but a couple of semesters further along, let me give you some advice:

• In almost any test you are going to study for there will be questions that are not really relevant for the work you are going to do later. Sometimes these are filler questions, sometimes they might not make sense as stand alone questions but are intended to gauge your overall grasp of the topic. For some tests you will probably need to simply memorize a couple of chapters of some book. Don’t think too much about it. If you have legitimate constructive feedback many professors do listen, but not all of them.
  • With time you will get a feel for what is important later and what isn’t. However, be careful about dismissing a topic or certain fact too quickly. There will be moments in later semesters where the penny drops and you think “I never thought this is going to be useful”.
  • Try to be as organized as possible with the learning material you get and the notes you take and continue them even when motivation drops. You are going to need them!

I wish you the best for your studies! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This is CS?

I’m a senior and I have no clue what kind of class this is.

These questions are some of the dumbest confusing questions I’ve ever seen. There’s nothing to learn from them.

But I guess that’s the point of first year uni

1 Like

FTFY…

2 Likes

The module is called Information Systems and Databases.
It seems to be mostly psudo technical words, and data flow diagrams.

In fairness not all are modules are like this. Others more like what I expected and are vaguly challanging.

Thanks for the tips