Operate Looking Glass over a VNC connection

I have a Linux host system running a Windows VM with qemu/KVM. Looking Glass is running perfectly fine with mouse and keyboard working as intended.
But when I connect to this PC with a VNC connection, mouse and keyboard are broken in the Looking Glass window. I see something happening when I press a mouse button but the cursor always stays in the bottom right corner. It doesn’t move at all.
The keyboard is kind of working except the “input:grabKeyboardOnFocus=yes” option. So e.g. Alt+Tab and the “Windows”-key are working in VNC but not in Looking Glass.

I tried different Looking Glass and VNC options but nothing worked so far. I use TurboVNC and also tried NICE DCV.
Does anyone know how I can get this setup to work?

1 Like

Are you connecting to the VM via VNC? Or your destkop and trying to use LG via VNC?

If the latter, this is unsupported and will never work properly. The LG client is designed for low latency local interaction and as such uses xinput directly for mouse and keyboard interaction from your physical device. VNC injects simulated events which the LG client will not see or use.

1 Like

Thanks for the explanations!
I’m connecting to the Linux host system with VNC and try to use LG.

Is there any chance I can redirect the input to LG or can I program something for LG e.g. to use a different input method even if it’s not working very well?
Or do you mean with not working properly, it’s not usable at all?

1 Like

No.

LG is open source, have at it.

1 Like