OpenRGB

Came upon this today:

OpenRGB

Got it to work on my Gaming K7 X370 (Kubuntu 19.10 with a 5.6.2 kernel). My board’s RGB control is rather primitive compared to what’s available in the market theses days, so for my needs (static color) this ended up working great.

5 Likes

huh, this is pretty neat!

I also really like the logo :smiley:

2 Likes

Will definitely try this, tired of rainbow barf in my case.

2 Likes

It’s about darn time someone reverse-engineer the I squared C bus to get to RGB. Nice drop.

Couldn’t get it working on my x399 taichi, but I’ll play with it more later. I think I need to patch the kernel :roll_eyes:

1 Like

It’s probably the I2c mappings

1 Like

Currently the changes are not persistent across reboots (have not tried with sleep or session logout). I’m running it as root, but if you figure out what SMBus controller your board uses you can set up user access. One thing on my machine is that the gui takes a bit to load up (like a whole minute).

This is cool!
Working somewhat well on B450 Tomahawk, Ubuntu 19.10, kernel 5.3.0…
Takes seconds to load up and changes are persistent across boots.
Controls are really buggy and weird things happen when I try to choose a color/intensity - so it’s total guesswork there - but I am able to save profiles once I stumble on what I want, so not that big of a deal.
Glad to have any functionality really - that doesn’t involve a difficult set-up, has a GUI, etc.

That was actually posted a few weeks back :smiley:

When I looked at it, it seemed a lot of devices were documented, but not yet implemented. Maybe that changed since then…

1 Like