Openly taking linux distro suggestions for my mac pro

What Mac Pro year is it? Isn’t it like 2009?

1 Like

2008, but was the release model till 2010. Its a 3,1.

1 Like

You know, I forgot about that…

I’ll be thonking that one.

Install Kali :clown_face:

Why not void, isn’t that your poison of choice?

The only mac that void actually runs on is a powerpc mac :stuck_out_tongue:

It won’t start. On CD or USB.

Salix works, but the installer is so limited that it has no ESP support.

Welp Imma start this then. I just plugged in a USB and gnome locked up. LOL.

Couple other people mentioned manjaro. Might bonk that on if pop acts similar.

Ain’t dealing with this shit.

Gentoo, unironically

Well I’m trying manjaro first. Though, I was also considering redcore. If manjaro poses issues, I am 100% trying redcore.

That would be my third option of suggestion, but since it’s even more *buntu than Mint I didn’t considered it.

Mint is not that bad actually, I’m using it atm. Only thing is: default icons are the ugliest I’ve ever seen, so I already have cupertino icons download link on firefox favorites. Now we good.

The thing I don’t like about Mint is the Apt implementation… it’s rather slow when compared to Buster… sometimes I’m on the run to update the laptop before leaving for work (I’m always late) and mofo takes a couple minutes just for security updates…

Pacman was nice, it had everything, was fast and you could use colors and the iLoveCandy to get that " C–o--o–o--o " instead of [##—]

why not just install gentoo

redcore is easier out of the box, I don’t know how it differs from Sabayon tho.

if you want OOTB just install fedora, that’s not the point of gentoo. The point of gentoo is to have a meta distribution that you configure the piss out of during install, and the install process actually teaches you how to maintain and further configure the system. If you skip the install, youre doing yourself a disservice and fucking yourself down the line.

sounds hot

A whole lot of distribution. Everyone has their favorite. And at the end of the day, everything is still happening with Debian and Ubuntu underneath more or less.

not as hot as the GPL, with your source code out there for everyone to see, and getting openly violated by so many people…

papi sama stop~

Pop, Solus, Elementary or just Ubuntu lts