Opencore Legacy

Have anyone tried this on their older Mac?

Also I was a bit surprised to find that my 2015 Macbook is no longer supported by the latest Mac OS X… Yeah, I haven’t really been updating it last few years.

1 Like

I think the actual project is at

I am not a Mac user, but the idea sounds cool.
And I am surprised everything is not locked down or whatever

1 Like

Yeah, on older Macs you can flash your own bios/eufi. Couple of years ago I had to un-brick my Macbook pro using the special connector on the mainboard that connects to SPI chip that contains eufi firmware. What bricked it was the beta build of Mac OS X update.

Apple store quoted $600 for repairs… 3rd party repair shops refused to just reflash the chip, instead offered to re-solder the chip from the donor board. So, I had to take matter into my own hands.

I believe newer Macs now have a special chip that checks integrity of EUFI, so you can’t do anything, but, admittedly, I haven’t researched it too much.

“Enables enhanced SATA and NVMe power management on non-Apple storage devices”

This is actually pretty big feature. My macbook has a removable NVME, but battery drained during sleep when I installed Samsung NVME + adapter.

[Edit]
Looks like it doesn’t modify EUFI firmware itself, but patches OS instead. Same as any Hackintosh.

1 Like