Open NAT Type on Xbox COD WWII

So, ever since I got the new Call of Duty my nat type is always strict or moderate within COD. But when I test the NAT type in the Xbox network settings it says OPEN. I have opened all the required ports and made my DMZ Xbox’s IP with no success.

This is the router I have (its a piece of crap) - Hitron CODA-4582 (Provided by ISP)

if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-tdoe

Crikey, COD has had messed up nat since at least MW3 days. Not surprised to be honest.
Back in the day I think I had to port forward on my router direct to my PC, but no idea if that still applies.
I guess Google hasn’t helped

It sounds like you need to make sure all the ports your game uses are open by using the the port forrowarding function on your rooter. I would do a google search for instructions on how to setup port forwarding for your rooter.

Join PCMR.

But seriously if you cant get the ports to forward and NAT isnt working properly with the game then the first thing I would do is replace the router with one that isnt shit. If its one of those combo modem/router units youre shit out of luck and youll have to call your ISP to have them give you a modem only if its an option and put your own router in place.

However it is likely the router is working fine and your problems lie with the xbox or the network. You can test this theory with something like GRCs Shields up port test, which will check individual ports (you can specify which ones) for you to verify they are indeed forwarded.