oO.o's Neverending Tech Blog

No there metrics were way off to begin with

Need more days to tell, but it’s a good sign.

The metrics? The figure is definitely not the real number of total cases, but the number of positive test results is still a relevant statistic. I believe the number of ICU patients and deaths per day are also down which are arguably better metrics (but I don’t have a graph of those handy).

2 Likes

TIL the Moom app can give you tiling with custom sizes and gaps in macOS. Much better than Magnet IMO. Have my 43" 4K divided into 3x6 grid is really useful.

1 Like

See a snail in Animal Crossing:

2 Likes

For the final part of my office “renovation”, I have a 24"x30" shelf set aside for a small scale aquaponic setup. Ordered most of the expensive aquarium parts today. Should come in over the next couple weeks. My favorite item is this guy:

Going to use it as a syphon between 2 tanks to keep the water level even between them. This will allow me to share one pump between the tanks. The air release at the top is awesome.

1 Like

Got better grow lights. Very low profile.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Got this today. Measuring it, it looks like I can squeeze a 266mm gpu in it which opens up a lot of possibilities.

http://www.plinkusa.net/webg4022.htm

@Den-Fi do I remember you getting one of these at some point? Or maybe it was the 3U one and you modded it?

Do tell more

1 Like

On newegg, it looks like I can get anything all the way up to a 2080ti, just can’t get anything with 3 fans.

What’s the deal with most motherboards and putting the gpu in a lower slot? The case is somewhat gimped when you use the top pcie slot.

Its that weird vert slot hdd mount image

you should be able to remove it if you dont need it.

(unless im reading your comment wrong)

1 Like

Yeah, that and further in, you hit the fan monitor lcd thing, although getting rid of that would only buy you a cm or so. Taking the hdd mount is no problem, but they sell a lot of accessories that you can mount in there which would be nice to have if I can put the GPU in slot 3 or so.

I had the 3U. Didn’t up using it.

1 Like

Too many hobbies…

5 Likes

Grip strength depleted

2 Likes

What are you building, a server chassis? Looks like a baking tray :smiley:

1 Like

I am putting together a small aquaponic system. For various reasons, I am going with 2 tanks but want to use one pump. This necessitates a syphon. Since syphons can fail, I need a moisture kill switch. This is the overflow plan for the moisture sensor. The 2 tanks will sit in it. If water overflows into the pan, power to the pump will cut off and an alarm will sound.

I still need to rivet the corners and seal it with silicon.

3 Likes

I admire the dedication. I would never do this by hand, but drop a design by the local metalwork.
I hope you have the ‘strength’ to finish your project!

3 Likes

Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

Continued…

5 Likes