One core per CU, or not?

Hello all, I just built a gaming build for my little brother and I chose the AMD FX-6300 for the insane price to performance ratio. I've already assembled the hardware and installed Windows 7 Home Premium. He mainly plays games that don't really utilize multiple threads, so I'm wondering if I should run one core per module. I've read that Bulldozer can benefit 10%-20% in single threaded tasks by running in a one core per CU configuration. I'm assuming the same carries over for Piledriver

Here are his Steam games:

• Team Fortress 2
  • Awesomenauts
  • Garry's Mod
  • Terraria
  • Spiral Knights
  • Deadpool
  • Portal 2
  • Killing Floor
  • Left 4 Dead 2
  • Ace of Spades
  • PlanetSide 2
  • Borderlands 2
  • Dota 2
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim...

That depends. Do you know that the CPU is causing any kind of performance loss as it is? What GPU is it paired with?

You'll have to try it each way to decide what works best. I think the performance difference should be negligible, as the 6300 will give a good level of performance in all of those games.

I used to run my 8150 With one core per CU, but that was because I could overclock the shit out of it that way. 

It's paired with a GTX 650 2GB, however, the resolution played will be lower than most - 1440x900. I don't really have to patience to download and benchmark every game we share, and I'm in the process of running a few runs of PassMark (and even this is testing my patience). I also intend to OC it. I'm going to run the benchmark at 3.8GHz, which is also the "Full Load Turbo." I'm going to see if I can hit 4.5GHz once I've decided the one core per CU question.

Maybe I'll share results if I have enough time with the machine.