Okay, so, remember last year(and all the other threads I've made)?

Not in the slightest, bubba. Though it sounds like you’re saying if I want a good board for future upgrades and OCing, I’m either stuck ITX or have to go full ATX… ((at least if I want a cohesive color scheme))

I’ll peruse things myself. Wait for Psycho to respond. Etc. I’m still 2.5-3 weeks out from purchase, anyway, so I’ve got a little more time to get the plan in order. Hell, by then I might be able to get the whole enchilada. AIO, all the storage, AND a better board.

or you wait a little bit for a decent mATX board. I’m sure theres one in the works.

Doubt it, mATX never gets love

same.

You can buy love, but you cant buy a good matx board thats am4

1 Like

I have nothing to say. I already gave you my proposition…
ITX isn’t really better than full ATX. The VRMs are worse, the space is smaller, so the thermals are worse as well, the expandibility is worse. Best you can do is full ATX.
Still ITX is good choice if you really want small size.

I actually disagree. There may not be any great AM4 mATX boards, but there are all others… X399, all kinds of intel sockets… It’s just AM4 mATX that don’t get love.

B350M Pro4
B450M Pro4
It’s a bit sad those are the best, but they are…

Better board is full ATX with larger case…

Ha, my ATX case is smaller than what you have…

1 Like

I actually just guessed the size. Haven’t measured it in a while. Just did and it’s 7" wide, 17.5" long and 18" tall.

I see, though. Question, then. The b/x 3xx are for 1st gen ryzen and the b/x 4xx are for 2nd gen ryzen and the APU’s correct?

Oh mine is WAY larger than that :smiley:

Wrong… All boards work with all CPUs/APUs.
AMD is not Intel. Socket AM4 is compatible with ALL ryzen CPUs/APUs, no matter what. They would need a BIOS update though.
If the processor is AM4, then it will work on all boards, starting from the cheapest A320 up to the highest end X470, eventually X570 chipset boards.
The difference is in other features, like the second generation boost technology, StoreMI technology, etc etc.

1 Like

thats what she said

2 Likes

I see. Well, okay. I have plenty to work with, some solo research to do, and decisions to make. I’ll make a build thread when I get the parts, perhaps? Either way, thanks for all the help! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Okay, guys, I’ve got the money. Gonna go ITX for the better chipset. Gonna leave out mass storage for a bit since I have the external drive. Any new recs? Still have a $1000 HARD limit, and a $700-$850 preference. Want a good small case with good airflow and cable routing options. Thanks!

Bump.

Are there any new recommendations, or should I pick and choose from everything I’ve been given so far?