Official Stardew Valley Thread

My wife and I have put a good amount of time into the game. I get too bored to play it very much any more; although, the fishing mini game is always fun for me. I typically spectate and play with spreadsheets tracking progress and creating strategies for all the various aspects of the game. I find I have to reference the wiki more often than I feel I should have to at this point.

Went with JoJa Mart the second time through.

2 Likes

How was it?

1 Like

It was nice to not have to gather up all the miscellaneous items. Instead, you can just focus on what you want to do and turn in the money when you have it. I think it’s a nice way to play the game without it being too repetitive. Rather than, “oh shoot, I sold my last parsnip. Better wait till next year to get that bundle”. Obviously first time through, do the bundles.

2 Likes

So I’m at a crossroads…
Coop with chickens or fruit trees…
I think fruit tree is better for a start. I can sell the fruits for the coop, and then I can make better preparations for the animals.
I slowly reached summer and now I am thinking of just pushing for the animals for the winter and then just waste the entire winter in the mines…

PS: If we play multiplayer, I will farm for you all, just for fox sake, someone else fish and go to the f!@#$%g mines…

PS2: So are we doing multiplayer farm this Sunday?

I planted a fruit tree and I was able to build a coop AND a silo… So my guess is I’m doing great keeping in mind I haven’t planted shit…
Throw a fish in the soup - make the soup tasty, win nothing… Oh well…

Still I’m going for cows and chickens before winter alongside a fruit garden…

Are you not farming grass for hay, or just buying off Marnie?

1 Like

Farm the grass way cheaper early game. But useful late game to save time

1 Like

I use whatever grass grows naturally on the farm.
I have completely cleared like a quarter of the land and the grass just sprouts out of nowhere… I won’t have any grass issues what so ever.

Get up, open the Lounge, and this was the first thing I read.

1 Like

Am I seriously not allowed to build a barn because a chicken is in the way? Come on developer…

2 Likes

I had the 6 hearts event of Shane…
I feel depressed now :smile:

1 Like

Just realized that I’m as blind as hell, and this isn’t the Lounge…

Backs out slowly

1 Like

Welcome to the non-lounge valley :smiley:

1 Like

Soooo…
Are we playing SV this sunday?

1 Like

I won’t play but if you guys have discord chat I will come.

I try to avoid that…
Last time I installed this garbage I had absolutely no idea how to use it and just wasted a few days trying to make sense out of it before I gave up…

I can help with that. If you wish. What service do you use with your friends ?

I don’t use neither friends nor discord…
We can’t organize 4 people to play the game in a thread about the game. We can use Skype or whatever, and I even think the game have a chat function, but we must first organize ourselves to play…

1 Like

Lame.

Don’t forget to tag them @Goalkeeper @even747 @Jaycob @Trooper_ish @lesser @TrikStari @Dynamic_Gravity you guys up for a game tomorrow ?

1 Like

Keep me posted wife wants to play Yoshi.

1 Like