Official Post your PC guts thread!

I’ve put this together over the past month or so as my workstation/pc/game PC. I do a lot of work in blender, UE4 and various other programs.

Case: Thermaltake Core P3
Mobo: Asus Crosshair VII Hero
PSU: EVGA 650 G2
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 3200 CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 1070
StoreMI setup;
— 2GB RAM
— 256GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe
— WD Blue 1TB HDD
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RGB

I run it with Precision Boost Overdrive for normal use, and in that configuration it’ll Cinebench around 1830ish.

Playing around with memory timings a tad, and manual Overclocking only in Ryzen Master, so far my best CB score is 1940;

3 Likes

Changed pretty much everything last night.
So here it goes:

MoBo: Biostar Racing X470 GT8
CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 (no OC yet)
CPU cooler: Corsair H80i (thinking about changing to an air cooler)
GPU: Zotac AMP! Edition GTX1070ti
Ram: 2x G. Skill Ripjaws V 2666mhz (bad choice in retrospect, not great to pair with Ryzen)
PSU: Thermaltake ToughPower Grand Gold RGB 650w
Storage: 1x 256gb Intel 760P NVME, 1x Inland 480GB SATA, 2x Toshiba P300 2tb
Chassis: Cooler Master Cosmos SE
ODD: Lite-On BD burner

[this is outdated already,i gotta update it.]

3 Likes

Don’t think I’ve ever posted mine in here.

My Caselabs SMA8 Magnum build.

CPU: 7700k
GPU: EVGA 1080ti FE (watercooled)
MOBO: Asrock Z270 Supercarrier
PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W 80+Gold
MEM: 32GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB (not sure of speed)
CASE: Caselabs SMA8 Magnum in Gunmetal Grey
FANS: Noctua IPPC 3000rpm radiator fans (all 9 of them are radiator style fans, lots of pressure)

Water cooling shiz:
Monsoon reservoir and fittings, XSPC waterblock for the GPU, EKWB for the CPU. I don’t remember who made the radiators and am too lazy to look it up. one 480mm Radiator and one 120mm Radiator because reasons.

GPU runs at ambient temps or slightly above even overclocked to 2.0GHz. The CPU of course runs hot because InTeL CaNt SoLdEr

The fan at the rear is sporting a Phanteks Halo Lux RGB frame. I eventually want all the fans to have those. Not because Rainbow Vomit but because

EVERYTHING MUST BE PURPLE OR GREEN.

7 Likes

Ph-photo?

Doesn’t wanna post. Aight I see you phone.

1 Like

Ayyyyy

2 Likes

Updated my rig with PET sleeved extensions from Thermaltake. Rick stays though.

Also, 4960X under the hood now.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/mtyXsY

6 Likes

Quite Feng Shui

3 Likes

https://builds.gg/builds/lian-li-o11-dynamic-darkness-7040

3 Likes

Oh wow… You seems to be bigger Arctic fan than me :wink:
How’s the AIO doing? KitGuru loved everything about it…

1 Like

Before you say anything, yes, there are mustard and ketchup cables visible. Cable management is atrocious. But cooling is not affected. Also have rgb ram from my days of an aio liquid cooler. Now with noctua the ram modules are hidden. Anyways great cooling/airflow.

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700x
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
Mobo: ASUS Crosshair VII
RAM: 32gb Trident Z 3200
GPU: ASUS GTX 1060
Sata SSDs: Samsung EVO 860 1TB, EVO 850 1TB
NVME SSDs: 2 x 500GB Samsung EVO 970
HDDs: 2 x 4TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
PSU: 850 Watt Corsair HX850
Case: Corsair 780t Graphite
Fans: Poopy Butthole all around.
Optical Drives: 2 x Bluray Drive Burner

4 Likes

I never saw storage drives arranged like that.

1 Like

I keep looking for a drive rack to put in the bottom of my Caselabs Case since the OEM part is not available anymore.

2 Likes

Find an old Fractal Design Arc series or Define R4… Their HDD cages have the same mounting as a 120mm fan. Basically you can mount your hard drive cage everywhere …

Ugh, but my undying irrational hatred for them…

I was planning on using Mountain Mods adapter that will attach three drives to a single 120mm fan. Problem there is I’ve got a bunch of SSD’s to attach as well.

1 Like

Just find a cage and hate the company as much as you want… I own their case and I hate them as well…

1 Like

Haha the aio is working well :slight_smile: wanted to get the 360 version with nzxt bracket to cool my graphics card but new version is coming soon and old one is out of stock :smiley: might do full custom loop for graphics card don’t know yet

1 Like

Who, mine?

Yes sir. The HD’s cage is closer to the center of the case. While all of the cases I’ve seen the cages are hugging the front of the case. Also the ssds are mounted flat to the back wall of the case.

Oh, my case has three options, two right infront of the intake fans, and another to make room for a radiator. So it is the radiator option.

It’s actually a nice design from Corsair… You can show your SSDs that way…
I would personally push the cage forward and add extra fan on the bottom, but that’s just me. It will also help the front fans push air through the cage…