Official Post your PC guts thread!

I have fixed your pics as it wasn't showing up last time.

Thanks. It must have been the html code I copied from photobucket.

Sorry for the bump.

My main PC.

It's an old pic i will take another updated one.

The specs are:
CPU: Intel Core i3 2100 3.1 GHz
Cooler: Stock Intel
Mobo: Asus P8H77-M PRO
Ram: 2x2GB DDR3 1333MHz
HDD: Samsung 7200RPM 1TB and Toshiba 7200RPM 250GB
GPU: MSI GTX 650Ti Boost 2GB
PSU: Seasonic X-Series 650W
Case: NZXT Source 210

1 Like

Total noob getting ready to build my first gaming pc. And yeah I'm a little nervous - that's why
I joined this forum. I was watching the Maximus IX Hero review and followed the link here.
My parts are all here sitting in the living room waiting for me to work the magic.

Cooler Master Maker 5
I7 7700k
Corsair H100i V2
Maximus IX Hero
EVGA 1000 GQ
EVGA 1080 FTW
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
Samsung 960 EVO 500GB
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB
Corsair Dominator 2x16GB DDR4 3000 w/LED kit
Corsair K95 RGB Mechanical w/ Cherry MX red
Razor Deathadder Elite
DVD RW

4 Likes

Heck of a start! Welcome to the "club".

Best of luck on setting it up and may you enjoy it to the maximum!

Indeed awesome start :)

Joined the forums a few hours ago, completing the obligatory battlestation brag post.
Above is my trusty old rig- just haven't found a reason to upgrade...

My rig is designed as a do everything rig suited just for my needs. It's a gaming rig, work rig, audio editing, video editing, HTPC, it's baller AF at email.
You're looking at the following:

Asus P9X79 Pro Motherboard
Gigabyte 980ti Windforce 3x
Elgato HD60 Pro
Samsung 850 Evo's (1tb, 500gb)
WD Red (3tb)
Lian Li PC-08 (!!)
EK Waterblocks custom loop: Pump Res DDC, Supremacy Evo WB, (2x) 240mm SE Rads, 12mm compression fittings, 12mm thin wall hard lines
EVGA 1050 G
Thermaltake Riing 12 Fans.

Also shown in frame:
xbox one
onkyo nr 828
buttkicker amp
4 channel DI Box (1 more not shown)
(2x) power strips
CyberPower 1500va UPS/Voltage Reg
Behringer FBQ2496 (subwoofer room correction)
Behringer X32 Producer mixing board

Not shown:
50" 4k Vizio - tested at 13ms lag (!!!)
24" monitor
Corsair k95 and mm800
Razer Ouroboros (I'm a lefty...)
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4

7.1 channel surround - phantom center:
2x M-Audio BX8 d2's
4x M-Audio BX5 d2's
KRK 10s (subwoofer)

Mixer, aside from being great for recording gigs (I run a small field recording business on the side), is great for mixing 7.1 pc sound with 7.1 surround from receiver, and additional input sources, to 7.1 (minus center) speakers.

Happy to answer questions!

_pig.

2 Likes

That's... Really beautiful case...
EDIT: I take that back. It's the cube case. I thought it was a tower. I take that back...

1 Like

Ahhh!! It's gorgeous!!

You got this man! Hopefully you don't have to RMA anything. BUT, if you do, please don't let that be a deterrent for building your own! It's rare and the result of having your own machine is so satisfying. My mid-teir-four-years-ago machine is running everything I throw at it today.
Well worth the time and money.

@psycho_666 LOL - sorry to disappoint! :D

@Shadow_Bearer Thanks man

@SeizureBV - That is going to be a great PC. Be sure and update us!

Took a page from @Angrywelder and moved my AIO cooler to the front of the case. Massive difference in CPU temps, as it would easily hit 80c+ with that Fury card radiating heat and what-not; sub-60c temps in gaming now.

PC Specs: http://valid.x86.fr/8wgv26

Motherboard was shoehorned in; despite no official E-ATX support, the Z97 Classy slots in if you remove the grommets in the R5

3 Likes

Glad I could help you out. I can't believe you got that board into that case; it looks good though.

1 Like

That's an understatement; you saved me from sinking money into an unnecessary upgrade.
I honestly didnt think the radiator would reach all the way to the front, so I never tried. With the 20c improvement, upgrading to a 240/280 AIO has become less of an urgency.

1 Like

Cool rig man. A lot of interesting choices, especially with the piping.
I like it! One question, what's going on up front? Is there another rad? Or, a 5.25" res? Or regular res? Just curious!

Koolance RP452x2 dual-D5.

2 Likes

Intel 6800k @ 4Ghz

16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz

MSI X99A SLI PLUS

GTX 780 @ 1200MHz

2x Kingston V300 in Raid 0 - Crapload of extra storage

EVGA Supernova 850

Arduino paired with LCD that reads out current temperature and humidity in case

2 Likes

Interesting choice of fan placement.

agreed. especially at the bottom.Are you push/pulling through that Rad? It doesnt appear there are additional fans there... If not, what led to the decision to push air through the radiator vs pull? My personal experience with push has been poor, in the long run, due to buildup on the radiator face requiring removal of fans to clean. It cools fine, its just the maintenance that suffers. Similar issues exist with push/pull, but that's a cost you have to weigh with the benefit of extra airflow.

With all those intakes, and the open back, i have no doubt you'll be accumulating dust. I recommend you periodically check your radiator for accumulation.

Beastly build, man!