[Official] 2021 L1 Devember Minecraft Server! Vanilla Survival + Build Contest

Here’s my poor man’s build. Reached my Minecraft saturation, next time I do something smaller and more detailled lol.
Abandoned medieval castle (-423/102/-19)

17 Likes

Just coords of my pretty rubbish “builds” :smiley:

12 Likes

My boring builds:

My Residence, x:136 z:-1660

Ghast shooting at volcano, x:3330 z:-4030

Snow Globe, x:-16 z:-1646

McDonails©™®, x:-280 z:-1110

My Minecraft account is: deletmicrosoft
#minecraft2021

13 Likes

“boring”??? Pfffffffffffffffffffff. They’re amazing!!

1 Like

Okay @SgtAwesomesauce time to aboose

5 Likes

My inspiration was a block section in the nether (last year) that looked like a sub. I didn’t think i would put in 100 hours.

Building on the nether roof allows everyone to see them as if they are on the ocean floor.
Also fun fact - Hunt for Red October was filmed with dim lighting, models and fog.

Original concept was using the materials sprouts87, dexmaster techisattva & others helped provide to the community. The idea was to do Andy Worhol subs with all different block materials, but I tired of that idea.
Next I built the Typhoon sub and it escalated from there.

(The small boat is a German U-Boat for a size comparison)

There are the following features.

• static mine field around subs & torpedos with turbulant water wake
  • working launcher for flying machine powered torpedos
  • working loader for torpedos
  • working loader for flying machines
  • Mine “exploding” between the two SSN-21 subs
  • Target end point for torpedo with display

Thanks to all for suggestions and assistance. the mods for support, and LVL1 - it was fun as always.

_

** EDIT - SgtAwesomesauce, check out Making of “The Hunt for Red October” - Behind the Scenes on YT. Great watch for fans of the story **

21 Likes

the sticky piston missles are a nice touch

2 Likes

Wow, this is really well done, I love it.

Got a special place in my heart for that book

2 Likes

I thought i was gonna build more but this is about it. I built a KFC bucket and a faygo orange soda. Hopefully I get in the top 10. coords -335 -8274 picture:

and i put signs with my forum name at both of them. lemme know what you think

18 Likes

Hey all, great to see builds starting to pop up in here! Last day for server build submissions will be December 31, so if you wanna enter make sure to post your coords and pics here before then. The server will likely stay up for a bit after so you’ll still be free to build for fun, but judging will start at the beginning of January! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Oh the pride of the soviet navy. The akula class submarine. Notable for not just being the largest submarines but particularly wide. Soviet technology at the time leant cheaper construction if multiple pressure hulls were made in parallel and not a singular large hull like the Americans (who couldn’t make a sub to the size of the typhoon )

Typhoon is the NATO designation which stems from the codename Brezhnev once gave the sub’s but really doesn’t make much sense… Shark would have been better

The Hunt for red october was before tom Clancy went to shit. Good stuff. He wasnt wrong that someone would eventually make a magnetohydrodynamic drive. Its just it wouldn’t be the soviets :wink::wink:. (See what the USN is currently doing successful RnD on)

Sadly the typhoon and its US counter (the Ohio class) have proven very difficult to replace with the USN just keeping the Ohio class going with no real SSBN successor and the Russian navy replacing the typhoon with the smaller Borei Class SSBN building 2 for the price of 1 typhoon.

A concept years ahead of its time in the film.

TFW you want the Red October to win without seeing the rest :joy:

1 Like

Something something adventuring flint and steel

2 Likes

It’s not finished yet but here’s my build.

Sky farm
-260 / -1275

MC name: Dunastrig

13 Likes

Here’s my Level1Techs 2021 Devember Minecraft Entry:

Forum and MC name are both Techisattva.

Mushroom Portal
-381, 128, -771
(Nether Roof) Take the rail line North then walk West.

Mushroom Temple & Village
-3050, 63, -6308

Screenshots

Thanks again to the L1 Techs crew for hosting such a great community of Minecraft builds!

Always a fun way to end the year!

-Techi

#minecraft2021

15 Likes

These are some truly amazing build shares! I wasn’t expecting the foods @VerbotenViscus or sub. @MooseAirE Great scene and mood created there for the underwater look. Looking forward the :trophy: picks!

5 Likes

Hi, come visit me @ -450, 128, -750 on the nether roof.

To see my build @ -3709, 85, -6016

beacon

The main purpose is a Guardian Farm.

afk
observation

But there’s a couple other things to see.

Theres alot of people to acknowledge but a big thanks to @AlaniCat, @dexmaster & @Techisattva and thanks to @VerbotenViscus, @vargonian & @FamousNerdMan. And everyone else for playing :smiley:

I still have a little bit left in me (not much) but thought id better get something up on the forum, now give me ALL the likes :smiley:

@sprouts87

17 Likes

I don’t think I’ll be able to finish my base in time. Good luck everyone!

My entry is located at 2366, 97, -1132

Thanks to all the folks who donated copper, really helped. :smiley:

19 Likes

Hello! I’m AlaniKitten. :smiley_cat: Please visit my build via my nether roof portal at -534x, -825z :woman_mage: My overworld build on top of the tower: -4266x, 126y, -6625z.

alanikitten2

I want to give a shout out to @sprouts87, @Techisattva, @dexmaster, @VerbotenViscus , and @FamousNerdMan for building farms and sharing materials.

I had so much fun playing with everyone!
Meow!
@AlaniCat

16 Likes

Come visit Boiler Snake Mountain! Located @ 5970, 63 -4720

Also stop by nearby Cake Mountain @ 5881, 68, -4521 for FREE CAKE!!

Shout outs to Sprouts and Dex for all their help! and thanks again to L1Techs for hosting such an enjoyable event.

~sausage

19 Likes