Offensive 9/11 Commercial....speechless

1 Like

That's fucked up, but it is kinda funny.

2 Likes

I've noticed that social media has become the realm of cowards full of impotent rage. I receive death and rape threats on a daily basis on another site. It's really kind of sad. This is a great medium for sharing not just ideas but other media that has fallen through the cracks, like books or movies.

How can this happen?...

How could this company as well as whoever approves the TV commercials be like "well this seems fine" WTF!? You're a business not 4Chan!

2 Likes

911chan

2 Likes

I fear internet culture is starting to leak out of the internet.

3 Likes

3 Likes

I'm in my mid forties and we never talked as casually about violence as is done on the internet. Mainly because in order for the person to receive your message, you had to speak to them directly. That cuts it way down. The clowns who act so tough on the internet remind me of those boys that would raise your skirt on the playground and run away.

2 Likes

5 Likes

I think the key is to apply standards within web technology that implicitly allow the filtering of users ( block lists ) and reporting mechanisms that can match trends and identify problems before they scale out of control. Also as much as i know it is not popular introducing a minor pay wall to a website ( $5 registration one time for the life of the account ) cuts out 99% of spam / genuine troll / bully accounts.

I don't see people being outraged when politicians use 9/11 in their speeches with the sole purpose of gaining more power over you. That should be a lot more offensive than some idiot's idea for an ad that has no impact on your life whatsoever.

3 Likes

People being insensitive and pissing people off... what's new?

Even southpark have done a 9/11 parody

to be fair it was around insensitive pricks trying to cash in on the event rather than the event itself

I suddenly feel like re-watching it now

1 Like

silence screams louder than words
nEvEr forget

ugh, who cares?

It's not like they are perpetuating some societal illness. Like religion / radical ideology, government can't do no wrong, political correctness, etc

They made a tasteless joke that is still a little too soon.

If I saw a parody on 'WW1,' buy your miracle trench tent here! It can sustain potato grenades from 5 meters away! I'd probably laugh.

and just so you guys know...

WTC 7 was intentionally demolished and the owner of the building admitted this.

I'm smart enough to know though, that they could have saved that building. There was probably fires on several floors, but the fire could have raged for days, and the buildings internals would have all been destroyed, but the structure of this building wouldn't have collapsed. See other fires here...

We did not see anything to that effect on any of the trade centers. Kerosene doesn't burn hot enough to melt steel, but it burns hot enough to weaken it. Just like a blacksmith on an anvil. However, the way the towers fell, indicates to them that maybe some spec ops pulled the tower early, to ensure that the building didn't collapse into another, or maybe this w hole thing was controlled.

A weakening structure will not collapse like that. If you start pulling jenga blocks on the top and the middle, and the whole thing inverts on itself, that wouldn't make much sense. Also does it make much sense that the fires flowed down the beams, concentrated itself and the base, and just burned there, until the foundation collapsed?

Sorry this thing was controlled, either to stop it from destroying other buildings after the planes hitting it, or the entire thing was controlled.

I don't know about the other two towers, but I wouldn't put it past business magnates and people within our government to turn a blind eye on 9/11, to contain the situation and avoid further damage from the collapse. Not saying that's what happened, but I highly doubt the official story, because if they gave us all the information, we would know that there's something amiss.

2 Likes

I think you missed the point. The entire point of the post was how anyone with an IQ above room temperature would think this would be a good idea. You couldn't make up a worse idea in movies, but this comes close:)

Why bring tinfoil hat conspiracy theories into this? I think you are the one who needs to lighten up. Go outside and get some air.

That video is comedy gold.

2 Likes

Sorry to cut across your post. I wanted to clear something of a technicality up ..

1 Like

ha, okay.

nothing to see here, move along.

I really do despise the idea of the tin foil hat card. There's been countless abuses in history where there has been conspiracies that come to light after the fact. That's more offensive than this stupid mattress joke.

Ever heard of the Gulf of Tonkin?

2 Likes

We used to put tin foil on radio and TV rabbit ear antennas. Take that Lifehacks...lol