Odroid H3 sata drives or IcyBox?

My question of the day is - which road seems better? Connecting sata drives directly to Odroid H3, or to buy an IcyBox?

And this question also covers stuff like cooling, usability and less of headache’nesnes to accomplish?

I am putting in mind a media server for personal use(one user). It will hold 2-4+ HDDs. But power consumption is a factor.

From one side there is Odroid H3 native (plug the drives into the board). But a few “buts”:

There is only “Type 2” case in my country wide shops. And that one doesn’t seem to have room for storage. And no, I don’t have access to 3D printers, which would solve the problem.

So I would need to buy something like
SATAcable

I have never come across this (whatwouldyoucallit) miniMolex to sata, but I do hope that it’s a standart (and not something, designed by Odroid). Would appreciate an actual name of this kind of connectors.

I have a few 3.5" metal casings from Phanteks’ cases. Yes, this doesn’t look pretty to the eye, and I would assume it will also need work with sound (then temps). Will

The benefit here would be power consumption (but I do assume I would need to research the power supply question), and direct SATA connections.

Second option would be something like https://icybox.de/product/externe_speicherloesungen/IB-3640SU3, which I find gorgeos. But with two BUTTTS:

• USB 3.0 for the whole thing. Google states that it’s 5Gb/s, which should be planty, but maybe I’m overthinking it.
  • The open question of how the drives are actually detected by Windows? Same as “direct sata connections”, or with a plot twist? (I have a OnePlus phone, and when you connect it, it is a media device, which behaves like FTP - you can’t read files from it without copying them).

I have a
19445_3-500x500
as a temp solution (currently shared through the router), that has its uses, but they have limitations (there are 4 drive options, but they are meant for CLONE tasks).

That one does resolve to a USB drive-like experience.