Oculink to 8x SATA cable - unobtanium?

Apparently OCUlink-8-8-SATA | Buy ASRock Rack OCUlink-8-8-SATA OCuLink to 8 SATA Cable | WISP Australia was a real Asrock Rack product, but I can’t seem to track it down anywhere. Does anyone have any leads?

Huh, must’ve been some kind of engineering sample that accidentally got listed? The specs seem to suggest you can only break out one Oculink to 4x SATA

There is a standard that has an oculink with 8 lanes. But i have never seen it actually installed on an MB.

Here you go:
https://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=EPYC3451D4I2-2T#Specifications
So yes, it’s actually a thing. But even Aliexpress doesn’t have at least one vendor/shop who offers it, as far as I can tell for now.

Back in 2020 when the x8 oculink was new, Asrock sold the x8 cable, but that batch has since been sold out and Asrock Rack is notorious for not keeping inventory of older items.

1 Like

@voltagex

In theory, with short cables, you could double adapt it to sata. As oculink to minisas, and minisas too sata are available. Keep them short and it should work. I have done similar things with older sas connections.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.