NZXT Kraken 61 false marketing

I wish I would have gone with the Corsair AIO! Unfortunately, here in Check Republic they didn't have it at the time, and I went with the most expensive alternative.. Boy, did they really conned me!...

Honestly I want the CAM software to work the way it's supposed to, It could be so good, but its still in it's early life and needs a bit of work. Sorry to hear your troubles.
I'm currently having issues getting my HUE + to sow up in CAM when just yesterday my HUE + showed up but my Kraken did not, now it's the opposite. I've tried unplugging it; using a different cable, uninstalling and reinstalling CAM, nothing. If anyone knows why this might be happening please let me know.

Ah, so their software is buggy?
Yeah that kinda sucks then.
They basicly should improve it, if there are more people complaining.

Yeah Asus X99 boards have a good fan control.
Not sure which mobo topic starter has?

I use a GRID+ to control all of the case fans in my system so I kind of understand what you're going through. What I have observed about cam is that when it is pulled up on screen, it uses more CPU then when its minimized. I would check to see if that's also applicable to your system.

I run a X61 in my Linux build. i5-4690k @4.5GHZ in a Phantom 240 [ pics available if needed ] no problems at all. I can control fan speed from the Motherboard Bios if I wanted.

I've never been aware of an affiliation between Tek Syndicate and NZXT.

The X61 is a great AIO

Oi! Why didn't I think of that... lol Thanks though it totally worked!
I just did what you said, uninstalled the USB driver attached to the HUE + in device manager, restarted and It poped right back up!

1 Like

It's unfortunate that you're having all of this issues. But this is why I just buy big ass air cooler and call the day. No software, no shenanigans, no worries and everything just works lol

Does it get you those 6C idles though?!?! :)

Not sure if this is a linux rant or OP doesn't know how to install lm-sensor. I was beginning to think you had the X61 blow up in your face like the corsair H100s, which is really increasing the X61's pricetag.

1 Like

Yeah, when I ask the grocery store to use their freezer room. It's even cooler than that :D

Actually the OP is on Windows. His rant is about the CAM software. I'm on Linux and love my X61... No problems at all.

I have an Asus X99 deluxe, 5930k, 32GBs at 2666, G1 980ti and 1000W fractal power s... the only downside of my system is the CPU cooler, and the company just ignores me, as they continue to try to gather information and make internet connections from my system, and using my RAM and processing power.

Why in the world would my CPU cooler need to connect to the internet?!? Why it would take so much resources of the CPU itself, just to cool it down?
I'll make a video, showing how it takes more than 700MBs of RAM and from around 10 to 50% CPU (with a 5930k overclocked) - (also using 15% CPU from WMI Provider Host).
It is just unusable!

I wish some reviewers would have addressed these issues before I bought it... but they were biased by the brand :) "They are nice guys at nzxt" LOL

I have to agree it is a very good AIO cooler, in the physical sense, but the software makes it a nightmare, and no one warns you of this huge drawback :(

I do regret buying it.

If you don't understand or want to push your head in the sand, please read this thread from their OWN forum:

http://camfeedback.nzxt.com/forums/252256-bugs-issues/suggestions/12315801-most-recent-cam-is-a-resource-hog?tracking_code=42267fc1833610a24e450e6817f77fa4

I lost all trust in NZXT brand. They only want to make a quick buck, and disrespect their own "target audience", that being PC builders and Enthusiasts!

WHY in the world would a CPU cooler need to connect to the internet to work!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Out with the idiot software manger that created this abomination, if they want to restore trust in their brand!

I understand that the Windows users are having issues with the software, I was aware of it when I purchased the X61, Not putting my head in the sand, at all. I just don't use the software. As you all have already mentioned its a resource hog. I control fan speeds from my motherboard BIOS. So I don't need CAM, nor could I use it since I'm on Linux.

I believe that YouTube'rs did mention the poor software, I particularly remember Hardware Canucks mentioning it. I did extensive research on the AIO and I purchased it knowing I would'nt use CAM... It's always been broken...

It has been...