NVIDIA "SUPER" Computex conference thread ("NVIDIA Studio" branding announced)

STREAM OVER.

Primary focus was the “Nvidia Studio” certification program for creator-ready laptops:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14418/nvidia-launches-studio-branding-program-high-performance-content-creation-laptops

1 Like

Currently talking about Quake II RTX:

Will be releasing it for free on June 6th.

Taiwanese game Sword and Fairy 7 to get RTX features. Basically talking about Quake II RTX, the new Wolfenstein game with RTX and this Sword and Fairy game.

Creator focus.

An interesting point is that Mac is being mentioned in an Nvidia presentation… They’re talking about how Macs are underpowered for the work of creators.

“Nvidia Studio” announced. Seems to be an extension of the Creator drivers recently released. Drivers and Hardware will be extensively tested on top of “Studio” drivers.

RTX Studio “badge” will be on PCs that have been verified for creator use.

Nvidia Studio Laptops announced. Will feature Quadro RTX laptop GPUs.

Content Aware Fill demonstrated with GPU acceleration.

Now showing how Unreal Engine and RTX is helping architects and interior design. So there’s use for UE4 outside of gaming, like in furniture placement.

IKEA should be using Unreal Engine.

1 Like

Davinci Resolve 16 now being shown for it’s new AI features, including finding people in imported shots.

Also demoed, a automatic rotoscope using AI for facial color grading.

And an impressive AI GPU powered motion tracker was demoed allowing 3D tracking in seconds. (Extremely impressive)

And here’s the likely reason there’s no official Livestream: Aquaman IP is being shown. That’s not licensed to be streamed.

And another UE4 demo is being shown, where a scene from Aquaman is used for pre-viz. Epic must LOVE this PR that their engine is used for feature films.

RTX Studio Laptops will come in 17 models from OEMs. Starting at $1599USD.

Press conference is over. Mostly RTX Laptop GPUs and their Creator drivers extended to a entire “Nvidia Studio” program.

Ended with “I hope you have a SUPER Computex!”

I wonder now that there is for creators drivers and also hardware (?) If they will push creators away from the gaming GPUs.

1 Like

SUPER ™ expensive

3 Likes

Announcing the Nvidia “We are really afraid of AMD doing to us what they did to Intel”

I don’t get the point of this.

Actually, $1600 isn’t a terrible price for a laptop with a 2060. It’s definitely expensive, but I imagine it’ll have beefy everything else to justify it.

I was expecting worse.

So according to Hardware Unboxed, Super is being announced at E3. Some marketing guy jumped the gun on that releasing the teaser before Computex.

Ah, that’s interesting.