NVIDIA SHIELD TEGRA X1 VS AMD Ryzen 7 3750H VS AMD Ryzen 5 3550H

NVIDIA SHIELD TEGRA X1 VS AMD Ryzen 7 3750H VS AMD Ryzen 5 3550H

in comparison to the NVIDIA SHIELD 2019 with the TEGRA X1 processor

are the two ryzens more or less powerful an in comparison to all three were do the
stack of against to the the 5600g

the reason i ask is im planning to build a mini itx htpc an use the
android FYDE OS for ryzen systems

i dont need another shield as the one i have is only for streaming an this build with but for both
streaming an audio/video , an image editing.

if either of the AMD Ryzen 7 3750H or the AMD Ryzen 5 3550H is equal or better then the
TEGRA X1 id probably go with one of the Beelink Mini PC an just add more ram an faster ram
if ther not better an the 5600g is id do a complete custom build

Short answer: yes.
The power hierarchy is 5600G > 3750H > 3550H > X1.

An x86 machine is the best choice for image editing. Not because you need to use expensive tools necessarely, but because it’s the platform with the most tools available, both free and paid.

The CPU side of the Tegra X1 is starting to show it’s age, but the GPU is still baller on that thing for what it is (256 Maxwell cores are no sluch). If you’re still interested in the CPU but want a more flexible operating system to work with a Jetson Nano 4GB is what I’ll go for.

1 Like

The Beelink Mini PC’s are quite good. I have tested and kept a few of them over the past year and they seem to work really well. In short I would always choose x86 simply because it has the most software options available to it. The X1 is alright but its old now and Ryzen has it beaten on all fronts except pure power usage.

1 Like

thanks an what do you mean by “except pure power usage”

Meaning that the X1 uses less power than Ryzen.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.