Nvidia RTX 3070 TI + Nvidia Tesla P100

Hello i have buyed me an Nvidia Tesla p100 and already have an RTX 3070 TI in my pc,

i got it already to get the P100 Recogized by Windows 10, i know i try to get an Data Center GPU into my Workstation pc. at the end i sitting here

i get both to running but the P100 onyl in TCC mode and dunno how i set Both to WDDM, my Target is to use the Tesla in a Docker/WSL to Train and Interference LLM´s from hugginface , and still can play games with my RTX on the Host .

have anyone a solution for my problem ? i already found alot of Posts peoples got something like the K80 or the M40 to running… and i know the P100 is not meant to be runn on a workstation. but in my bios i have already setup “Above 4G” etc etc

and nvidia-smi shows me the card too but in TCC.

can any one pls help me.

Hi maybe something in this thread will help with installing the correct driver for different gpu types in a mixed gpu system Gaming, on my Tesla, more likely than you think - #2409 by Abit_Wolf

Thanks i will give it a try. ^^

1 Like

In some cases you can run a command line to change the mode from TCC to WDDM in CMD ran as Admin.
type “nvidia-smi -h” will show you the commands that can be used.

Commands:
-dm, --driver-model= Enable or disable TCC mode: 0/WDDM, 1/TCC
-fdm, --force-driver-model= Enable or disable TCC mode: 0/WDDM, 1/TCC
nvidia-smi -dm 0
nvidia-smi -fdm 0
One of those two commands should fix the problem if I typed them correct.
Please someone correct me if I’m wrong its been a while since I’ve used them.
A Grid driver could also correct the problem by just installing the driver.

Nope i already tryed that and tryed again for the screenshot. ^^"
i cant install Grid Driver in reason cant run 2 Drivers at the same time
if i instlal Grid Driver i cant Do Gaming anymore and if i install the Desktop Driver i cant use the P100 in WDDM. thats the strugle i have.

nvflash also has some what the same commands as above and might fix it.
nvflash can be found at TPU
I’d also try and see if you can find a studio driver that can support both cards.

Use DDU to clean out all nvidia drivers and also turn off windows driver update for the cards.

edit: Removed driver linked to wrong driver.

On my Titan X (Pascal) with Tesla P100 I am running driver version 531:41 DCH and they work great with one another. I’m not sure if it is the Studio Driver or Game Ready driver i’m using.
I’m pretty sure its the Studio Driver.

tital pascal and the p100 is pascal too,

i try to mix Pascal with Ampere , dunno studio driver never heared of hmm~

and nvflash what is that exacly ? can it kill my bios on gpu or something ?

nvflash is a utility to flash a new vbios or old to a card or to make changes like your wanting to do.
Now the commands are a little different but do the samething.
Command list can be shown by nvflash /? I think.
Oh did you edit the registry?
If that edit is done correct it will trick the driver into thinking its a Grid driver.
Driver I used with the registry edits.

1 Like

If you find your self a little confused on how and where to locate the places in registry.
Read the very first post of this thread. It should help clear up some questions you may have.
The reasion I posted to the above link is because after nvidia M40 some things stopped working and new ways of some parts has changed with the P100 and P40 cards to make them the main card used for video and change the mode to WDDM.