Nvidia really did ask for subscription fee, didn't it?

The question is irrelevant. It is a chicken and an egg relation. They are one and the same. Capitalism does not exist outside the human condition. An economic system is an emergent consequence of human activity and society. The rich are abusing the ¨free¨ market because it is by nature abusable since it did emerge from the people´s wish for endless profitability as the ultimate criteria for progress.

2 Likes

What I'm saying is that AMD has no-one to blame but themselves. If they had kept improving their products instead of resting on their laurels and trying to maximize their profit by giving privileges to the partners that paid them the most per chip, they wouldn't be in this mess.

To revert to your rape victim analogy : in this case the victim tried to rape someone themselves, but ended up with the roles being reversed and reaped what they sowed.

1 Like

I vote with my wallet :)

3 Likes

"In read this as "How long are you going to interrupt our echo chamber""
You clearly spent way more time writing this comment than you did reading and comprehending my comment. Because you start your comment with an empty, and stupid rhetoric devoid of logic by saying "let everyone agree and nobody challenge our ideas", cause that's all I did, I was challenging people's idea on capitalism and competition, but a snowflake like yourself got sour about that. Your the one who hates counterarguments if anything. So yeah, nice job pulling that "political correctness" card on me while getting sour. But to derail your arguments right down the chimney:

1) We live lives in pursuit of happiness, but we also live in a finite world and we cannot mindlessly hoard it all and take it all for ourselves, heck, I use the term "subhuman" rather loosely considering that animals, do not take more than they need, they avoid conflict whenever they can, unless they are hungry, or their children are attacked. Meanwhile, us humans get caught up with greed so much that it's ruining our environment slowly as a result.
"To say it's okay for one and wrong for another is hypocritical"
That's your argument for NVidia and against AMD, you call out AMD on their mistakes and their flaws, but then you get angry when we do it to NVidia or Intel, and we used evidence for our case, whereas you were spiting AMD fanboys (which btw, doesn't help, only makes fanboyism worse).

"Who the fuck are you to claim that they have everything? Have you lived the life of every NVidia employee?"
Their aim is to have everything is that not what you basically said, they aim to pursue maximum profit no matter what (and it didn't matter if it got in normal people's way). Your comparing the employees to the company itself, BAD comparison, your not going to find large companies that do a good job at representing working people. The employees might be trying to live a decent life or even just make ends meet, but the CEO does not even have to worry about having enough to live off of.
And yes, there are people that aim to have everything, I can't say NVidia is exactly that extreme and they certainly aren't much of a problem on a huge scale, but real people exist that are (have you heard of Soros, Rockefeller and Rothschild?). So who am I to claim they have everything? Well, what is their goal then? (That's a rhetorical question btw.)

You got into the specifics of rape when I compared rape to extreme capitalism, you are disgusted by rape in a sexual sense but when it's economical rape, it's Wild West.
"Yes, a company goes out if they can't hang, but that's competition", wait wait, WHAT? Whatever happened to betterment of ourselves? Oh, I see betterment for the winners, so this makes my comparison to blaming victims for rape all the more valid, after all, without laws, the victims are the losing team. I do not see the irony in that, nope. /s

Also, that sentence "Nobody benefits from a system devoid of competition", that was exactly my point, but I called NVidia out on anti-competitive practices.

Yeah, your not much for being challenged on the idea of capitalism, having to mute me while complaining about my "echo chamber" and now you make yourself one.

I shall step down then since this will derail the thread too far.

I don't see how this compares to reverse rape at all. Sounds like justification, but aside from that, AMD did shoot themselves in the foot when they pulled off the chip selling for profit, that much I can agree with ya, it's more like AMD shooting themselves in the foot that they could have used to avoid or at least try to counter said rape. AMD took a heavy hit for being short sighted. But how in nine regions of hell does this excuse NVidia's greed and their actions? I fail to see that part. This wasn't really a question I asked you but I asked some other people this. It's not like I don't know that AMD has done stupid and wrong things, but size matters on that part.

It doesn't excuse Nvidia's behavior, but it was to be expected and I'm fairly confident that AMD would be doing the exact same thing if they could. They have a history of pulling shady stuff too.

Do I sympathize with the underdog? Absolutely.
Am I willing to turn down my graphic settings or play at 40FPS instead of 60 due to said sympathy? Not really

I'd love for AMD to make a high-end graphics card. I'd buy it in a heartbeat, I did so when they were the performance king and I'd do it again.
However the 480 just doesn't quite cut it for me and I'm not willing to go the whole dual GPU route due to stuttering and games' lack of crossfire support. Been there, done that, my old X2 only ever used that second GPU when I forced it to. Same story with the dual 770s I used to run until this summer.

1 Like

inb4: subscription comes with special drivers...

3 Likes

I know that feeling of turning settings down and playing at lower framerate, in fact, playing on Intel HD 4400, it's about time I have a tablet PC that's a viable upgrade. The closest thing to a large upgrade from the Surface Pro 2 is the new Surface Book with that GTX 965M, aside from that being beyond my budget, the GPU is not built into the tablet, it's built into the keyboard. Worst case scenario, I may have to return to laptops like I did in the XPS M1330 days.

I suppose that's the nature of tablets and what I am asking for is a freak of nature. I hope to see an Intel Coffee Lake or AMD Zen APU in a tablet PC with good performance.

well this thread is something,

while its about nvidia, nvidiots whining on amd with half baked accusations. Not pointing onto correct conversations on subscription fee nvidia offers.

I mean check out the offer, if you pay them monthly $5 you are going to get $40 off from their new 11 generation card. (which you are going wait for next 2-3 years) They should do SMS transaction shop while they are at it. It is historically shown that there needs to be a farmer to milk those idiots.

and i'm still running my fury-x, tying with 1080 in doom in vulkan (and raping 1070). but what do I know.

without you dear nvidiots.

7 Likes

I am doubting that the Fury X is tied with the 1080 in DOOM w/Vulkan from the benchmarks I seen, the 1080 is a whole 'nother beast, maybe Vega can.

on doom vulkan release fury-x was like 6-10fps behind.

right now its about tie, and sometimes fury performs better by 5-10fps.

(this was on release with old drivers - since then we've gotten about 10-20% more performance)

1 Like

You're talking one specific game with one API (which isn't even guaranteed to gain any decent market share in the near future).

If we're going to cherrypick games, it's not that hard to find games where even the 980ti still runs circles around the Fury X. We don't even have to go past 1080p, so no need to worry about the 4GB limitation.

Here's one that's a lot more popular :

But hey, what do I know?

NO

NO

NO

4 Likes

off cherrypick to starwberrypick.

in dx11 fury is getting closer and closer to that hack of 980ti.
(about 10-15% more performance and we are there - from current drivers)

1 Like

Doesn't the 980 Ti usually beat a Fury X by 2-5% anyways? Except for the newer games that use DX12/Vulkan, which easily swings it the other way.

shh be careful or nv wakes up and makes new drivers for 980ti

ops sorry, they are already in legacy drivers.

4 Likes

I think it's that time of year when nVidia releases Nerf edition drivers.

Have fees on everything? How much do you earn and how much of that can I have?

1 Like

Wouldn't be surprised if they lock down the clockspeed with microcode and it can only be unlocked with certain drivers... at this point anything is possible.

3 Likes

Wait so I get 4 indie games
and one triple A game $120 a year??
A couple skins and that math does not work out for me

Besides I usually get my free Triple-A game by purchasing a new graphics card every couple months using the game code and returning it to my local Fry's Electronics

That was before they started to wise up and give the codes through email
Back in the day they used to hand you a physical scratch off card with the codes
and you could just go to the register and tell them hey I never got my card you can you give me another one

2 Likes