Nvidia over AMD?

Well, there's a reason why AMD name their chips after volcano islands.

You are definitely a fangirl

You're damn right, sonny!

Nvidia4lyf

Lol yeah you are probably right - I was under the assumption that the majority or reviewers were recipients of reference design cards which are substantially louder than their counterparts

I don't know about the current drivers, but up until a year ago their drivers were horrible for me. Especially when it came to crossfire support. I always had to disable crossfire on new games until a hotfix was released. I don't know for sure if sli is better, I am currently only running a single gtx 770.

you'll notice that nearly all of those are top tier cards, it's most likely that they simply got whatever was the highest end gpu on the market at the time

Fanboy/girl or not, everybody has a preference, even if it comes down to "I've been using Nvidia for 10 years, no reason to switch now."

Also, marketing has an influence, even on people who know they're being marketed to.

lol

Wenn it comes to gaming, the GTX780Ti is the fastest single gpu on the market right now, there is nothing to argue about, if you just want the best performance, and dont care to pay the extra price then the 780Ti is just your card.

But its obvious, that everything below the 780Ti, AMD offers the best bang for buck.

Especialy the R9-290.

This offcourse does not mean, that an 780/770/760 or what not is a bad buy.That is just a personal thing.

Just buy the card, that works best for you, and makes you feel the most comfortable with.

Both Nvidia and AMD have theire pro´s and con´s, just buy what works best for you!!

I chose my 780 because it had a better overclocking overhead, It was pre 780ti. Heres the thing. Its not just down to Nvidia vs AMD, Sub Brand specifications matter and EVGA is still where its at. Best coolers, Best warranty and best customer support. I dont touch any other brand because of that. If they did AMD I would look at AMD but in all honesty, I dont believe there is a 290/290X on the market that is better than the 780 Classified. I have still yet to see a 290/290x overclock as well on air as this custom card and it even beats reference and stock non reference 780 ti's. 

The "Gimmicky" features people talk about do add value to the product and while AMD offers a large selection of free games, Nvidia offers features and I make big use of their streaming technology. I stream to my Phone, TV and laptop using nvidias technology (better performance compared to steams implementation) 

Yes I payed a premium for my card, But the extra I payed for it in my eyes was worth that extra cost. If I had of gone with a 7990 which I was seriously considering for the same price with better stock performance, But I didnt. And im glad i didnt.

Lel instead of a 780ti I'd get two r9 290's and xfire,hello performance.

(I DO NOT intend to bash AMD, I have used AMD before and like them) This is jjust a roundup of my own thoughts, if u r AMD fenboy, plz don't hate.

There are many potential reasons.

-AMD Cards/CPU's run hotter.

-Nvidia are better at high end stuffs. GTX 780Ti > r9 290x.... 

-Nowadays, I'd say, fewer people think price per dollar, and just settle for best performance.

-AMD's Reference card doesn't look as sexy as Nvidia's?

-Major Aftermarket Companies such as EVGA, ASUS, Gigabyte produce MOSLTY Nvidia cardz.

-AMD don't have the selection Nvidia have? More cards are available from Nvidia i guess!

Some of these points might not have benn accurate, feel free to correct!

780Ti is not better than a 290x dude, on paper AMD blows it out of the water, and on higher resolutions there's quite a difference between the two. For most they'll take what benchmarks say for granted.

The reference cooler argument is null, I can't even find a reference nvidia card in my country atm.

You mean performance per dollar, and the king is r9 290. It's almost as good as a 780ti and beats a 770.

I loved ATi/AMD - I've had cards since the radeon 7500, 9800, hd 3850 a defective one unfortunately, and hd 4870. But I also love a silent PC, and to be honest nvidia is a better choice for me at the moment, they have cooler and quieter cards (with the exception of the hystorical phailure of the FX series and Fermi gtx 400/500). I wanted to love AMD this time too, but the 290 is ridiculously noisy with it's coil whine and undersized overexerted coolers.

It's really based on what you really need the graphics card for.

For general gaming, i would say AMD is better because price to performance ratio.  Gaming hardly needs the performance that other programs need and AMD cards are just optimized for gaming and gaming alone, even though there are some software like Adobe Premier that benefits and high numerical calculative algorithms and things of that sort.

For professional work, Nvidia all the way, reason why is because most programs nvidia helps them during the development process so they're in a general sense more optimized.  nvidia when it comes to physics, lighting, mental ray, v-ray, and every other rendering methods possible smoke AMD in just about every single aspect.  Not trying to bad mouth AMD, i like their graphics cards but in the professional world...they don't perform too well.

Now when you look deeper, shader architectures are pretty much identical to one another.  The programming and the drivers change things but when you look even deeper, Nvidia is more optimized because of $$$$$ and AMD doesn't have the kind of backing to put into development companies such as Adobe, Apple, Qualcomm, and other manufactures/ devs.  

On average though, i'd say AMD will do MUCH better the further we go in the future because of their ties with gaming with the console market (this is what will give AMD an edge in a few more years).  Now they're investing into mobile development, and incorporating into APU so this means AMD has a very bright future if they keep their financials in check.  Now Nvidia atm is slowing down because they're kind of like the bully in high school, people will hang with him because he's the big guy but if he gets into trouble, everyone splits.