Nvidia Geforce stream, RTX 3000 inbound!

yes

Yes you do.

What are the odds Nvidiaā€™s direct storage access will work out of the box on my Gentoo & ZFS system? /s

2 Likes

Yeah, you right.

1 Like

Lol no

2 Likes

And the GeForce 256 they showed in their beautifully crafted render is actually a Riva TNT2ā€¦

They had some interesting oversights in their ā€œlooking back before looking forwardā€ stuff.

2 Likes

Well, I guess Timothy Tencentā€™s claims about the PS5 having storage tech that no PC has, no longer hold any weight.

1 Like

If it actually comes to be.

So Linus WAS right

Ok, so I was expecting another Jensen Sells Overpriced Crap Eventā„¢ instead we get

Card Price Performance*
3090 $1499 2x 2080 Ti
3080 $699 1.3x 2080 Ti
3070 $499 1x 2080 Ti

ā€¦ DAAAAAYUM, thatā€™s some really nice pricing right there. :smiley: Not complaining, this is awesome.

At the same time, this gets me hyped for Big Navi. Jensen is pretty much scared of what AMD will do. NIIIICE, huge win for us consumers :smiley:

3 Likes

5 Likes

I really, really, REALLY hope AMD is able to put out something that punches around the 3080/3070 weight. Competition benefits the consumer in the end.

I myself will likely be going for a 3090, but still, for everyone else, this is good.

1 Like

I doubt they will reach 3070 levels of performance, which leaves them in a really awkward spot with pricing.
Itā€™s Maxwell all over again.

3 Likes

20-series:

30-series:

I donā€™t think he has any reason to be. AMD will serve the consoles and notebooks with embedded, make some nice CPUs and that is it.

1 Like

The frog has officially been boiled.

Itā€™s not as bad as I expected, but damn. I canā€™t believe you think this is ā€œfair priceā€

5 Likes

Assuming Nvidias claims can be trusted.

Remember the 2080ti was going to be twice as fast as a 1080

10 Likes

The frog was boiled and served with fries when Nvidia declared $350 to be midrange.

3 Likes

Fair enoughā€¦

I think thereā€™s some price increase to be made as weā€™re dropping down in node size, and the complexity and price of manufacturing and design increases. I donā€™t think this amount is reasonable.

I remember in 9th grade, saving up lawn mowing money (I had the whole street on lock, did 12 lawns a week for $10 per, parents took gas money out of my earnings) and buying a GTX 285 for $380

I canā€™t imagine being a kid these days and expecting to get anything over the X60 range.

Back in the day, a kid could realistically achieve the high end of performance. Nowadays many adults canā€™t get their hands on that level of performance.

5 Likes

Ultimately what matters is what performance/dollar you can get.

xx70 increasing in price over generations is meaningless by itself.
Ultimately AMDs best competes with the RTX 2070.
Iā€™ll start complaining when Intel Nvidia sells overpriced products when their competitor has a better offering at a lower price.

2 Likes