Nvidia Driver Install Problem

So I went to install the latest Nvidia driver on my work laptop and get this message:

This goes back at least three versions to 417.22 at which point I gave up.

I’m running Win10 Enterprise build 17763. The Razer I’m replacing with the MSI GS65 has no trouble with the installer and is running the same build according to dxdiag.exe.

Any way to get around this? Is this a permissions thing? I’ve never run into it before.

Thanks.

All the Geforce forums come to the same conclusion that a newer version of Windows is needed, but I don’t believe there is a newer build.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/960434/windows-10-enterprise-gtx-1060-this-nvidia-graphics-driver-is-not-compatible-with-this-version-of-wi/

Answered my own question eventually: it’s got Trusted Computing turned on.

FML.

2 Likes

Display drivers having a problem and needing to be removed and reloaded etc is a pretty common thing and the original poster posted the answer to his problem. He had to disable TPM in the BIOS I think is what he is talking about which isn’t blaming or bashing nvidia for anything?!?

2 Likes

Can’t disable TC myself since it’s a work computer, so right now I’m stuck with 6mo old drivers. Maybe IT can fix it, and I’m sure gonna find out!

Fret not, friend, for you’re in good hands:

:smiley:

I got reported for saying I never had a problem with Nvidia drivers? I have had my son, others and I never have an issue with this whatsoever. Also this issue involved Windows 10 and maybe that is part of the problem. I still see issue after issue with that OS. Seriously until I stop seeing OS issues with Windows 10 no way I am going to get it. Still on Windows 7 64 bit and no issues with Nvidia video drivers ever. Also the part about bashing or blaming Nvidia for things well it is very popular to do right now and to report me for maybe thinking the post wasn’t genuine isn’t far fetched considering the I Hate Nvidia thread which is hidden from me or something of the sort. I can’t remember what they did with it. Anyway from the sounds of things again it sounds like Windows 10 is still not worth getting. Hope the issue gets fixed though.

It’s not Windows 10. It’s a hardware security limitation requiring signed drivers, but the installer says nothing of this and even tells me to install GeForce Experience which just isn’t happening ever.

1 Like