Note 7 announced, thoughts?

Hey phone fanatics!

With the announcement for the note 7, what are your thoughts?

Coming from a note 3 owner, its a hefty upgrade!

With what I wanna do (found bellow) the new screen, data storage and 64bit soc is amazing!!

I love media consumption and media capture with the phone, I use every feature my Note 3 has and I would love to use newer features to. Battery life should be well and I love expandable storage. I use my phone for emulators, Pokemon Go, other high graphic (for a phone that is) game, spotify, data storage and transfer (for my work files and such), and I do use some "High Performance" application on the phone such as Autocad, Matlab (and its andriod version Octave) and other analysis software (as a hobby and sometimes to complete work on the go). I also love using root access. With all that, I also use the phone like any other person such as for social media, phone calls (omg I know :P), test messaging etc.

What are your thoughts on its specs, Industrial Design, features, and available colors?

I may get a skin on the back of it and a clear protective case, idk about the screen protector :\

EDIT: I actually just pre-ordered mine in pearl black. So stocked!

My thoughts are that I legitimately might buy colored contacts to wear at work because fuck that god damn retina scanner.

1 Like

I dunno about that curved screen. It doesn't seem as extreme as the Edge, but still...ew.

My wife wantes me tonswitch out my note 5 before thenb2 weeknreturn period was over but that fn curved edge stoped me . Inhate curved edges. The glass screen protectors suck they dont fit and there not glued the same as thenflat ones. And ive had les damaged screens w>th glass protector and

Never buying a Samsung phone anymore.
After the shite they pulled in Europe with the Note 5.
Not releasing the Note 5 in Europe because "the S-pen is hardly used by Europeans".
And then adding "Europeans should get a Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, because it was basically the same as a Note 5 without the S-pen".
Well lots of Europeans voted with their wallet(s). Hautain behaviour punished.

LOOOL ahahahahah

Whats wrong with the curved screen? It has enough realstate to make the spen function well?

I actually didn't know Samsung Europe did that?

First they said thast the reason was because Europeans didn't use the S-Pen.
Then they noticed extremely slow sales on the Galaxy S6 Edge+.
Then started giving rebates of €90 on the S6 Edge+ at the end of the first month after the introduction.
Few bit.
Then they announced that the Note5 would be released in Europe in January 2016.
Which never happened.
Then they rephrased what they said about the S-Pen as "Europeans use large screen phones for media consumption and not for business purposes".
http://www.techtimes.com/articles/133461/20160213/heres-why-the-samsung-galaxy-note-5-never-made-it-to-europe.htm
http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-admits-it-disappointed-note-fans-skipping-note-5-release-europe
You'll have to translate these 2 earlier articles, they're in the Dutch language (from last year, shortly after the official release). They are about Samsung's excuses about the S-Pen. :
https://www.allaboutphones.nl/samsung-galaxy-note-5-komt-niet-naar-europa/
http://www.draadbreuk.nl/mobiel/nieuwe-samsung-galaxy-note-5-niet-naar-europa-vanwege-pennetje/

I'll shut up about it now, because I prefer to vote with my wallet and just ignore Samsung Mobile. Takes less effort. :)

1 Like

Meh, Note 7 is almost like a S7 edge with a pen, that being said though the S7 is a pretty decent phone.
Until Samsung adopts front facing speakers, or the HTC 10 speakers media consumption is always going to be better with front facing speakers.

I am going to stick with my Nexus 6P.

I was playing around with an S7 Edge and the couple games and apps I tried just wrapped around the edge, making it look contorted where the curves are. Also I can't imagine how annoying it would be to try to write on something that's on the curved part of the screen vs a normal, flat surface.

If they wanted more real estate, they should have just made it wider. The curves give the screen a larger surface area, sure, but it's not as functional as if it were flat.

The curves are less pronounced, or so they say. I never owned any edge series phone, i will play around with the note 7. Only time will tell if it really changes anything? On the note 3, the screen bezzle is thicker so the screen isn't really "flat edge to edge" and that didn't really kill s-pen and swipe continuity. Eh time will tell bro.

I did notice that it wasn't as pronounced. I just don't see the point. If it were flat all the way across I'd be all over it.

I might get it still because I really like the idea of having the pen, but it's definitely making it a hard decision now.

Its been 3 days since i bought it. The edge doesnt bother me! Its useful, i am a heavy user with variety of applications from engineering/coding and using apps with otg connection. No issues bro! I am just worried about its not so good scratch resistance and what to cover it with!

Though I heard Corning saying it isnt a scratch on the screen but material chaffing off the scratcher?

http://www.androidauthority.com/corning-responds-samsung-galaxy-note-7-scratch-test-video-711210/

Don't know what to believe!

Actually I need tablet for handwritten notes in blogging purpose & I exactly don’t know about the best tablet.
Is there anyone who knows best buying guide for tablets?

Thread closed as it was outside the guidelines for thread revival. Please PM me or another moderator if you feel the thread was closed in error. See the FAQ for more information.

Feel free to create a new thread if you wish to continue this thread’s conversation.