Not sure why I am not getting a video signal

Skinny is I set up an old Optiplex 3010 SFF for the kids to experiance some old games on. It came with a Radeon R5 card. It doesn’t have any XP driver support so I replaced it with a GT 730.

Now I am only able to get igpu video output. Neither video card get a signal out. The motherboard is at least detecting there is a video card plugged in, because I get a message letting me know I cannot have the igpu and video card connected at the same time. I’ve reset CMOS. Not sure what else to try.

I’m just dumbfungled.

Look in the bios for a way to disable the onboard video. If you have the user manual for the motherboard have a look in it for the option. Some older MB has a jumper that has to be moved to enable/disable the OB video.
Edit: Manual
Edit3: Video how to set correct.

The manual is bot helpful. I had to open to try to figure out how to clear the cmos but the dell help article was better. I have also looked through the BIOS to see if there was a way to either disable the igpu or force it to boot off of it even with a card installed. Unless there is something dell has decided to call it that makes no sense.

It sounds like you’ve encountered a video output issue with your Optiplex 3010 SFF after replacing the graphics card. Double-check that the GT 730 is seated properly in the PCIe slot, and ensure it has the necessary power connections if applicable. You might also want to verify if the GT 730 requires any BIOS settings adjustments to prioritize the dedicated GPU. If the issue persists, consider seeking assistance from a computer technician for a more in-depth diagnosis.

Got it working. Took the CMOS battery out on Thursday and left it out while we were gone all weekend. No issues now.

1 Like

For others reading: when clearing the CMOS always power off the computer, remove the power cord, then remove the battery or move the cmos clear jumper, then hold the power on botton for at least 30 seconds before replacing the battery. or moving the jumper back to normal.

I did that a few times. Dells instructions for moving the CMOS jumper were somewhat ambiguous. Did it a few times. Always unplugged etc etc. I even did it and left the battery out for an hour and notta.

On the plus side, got the 32bit XP drivers installed in a couple of minutes and my 8 year old is happy he can play command and concquer generals again.