Noob Build Any Advice Welcome!

I am getting away from console gaming and this is my first build. Any advise or tips are welcome.

Case- Fractal Design Arc XL

Motherboard- Asus Sabertooth 990FX AM3+

Graphic Card- XFX Double D FX-787A Radeon HD 7870 GHz

CPU- AMD FX-8350 Black Edition 4.0 GHz

Power Supply- Corsair HX750

RAM- Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600

SSD- ADATA Premier Pro SP920 256GB

HDD- Seagate Barracuda 1TB

OS- Windows 8.1

Cooling- Cool Master Hyper 212 Plus

If anyone sees anything that I can improve on let me know I really appreciate the help!

I can see that you have done some research. I think it is a good build. You could save money on the PSU and purchase a better GPU. Grab something like an XFX 550W, which is a nice quality unit for the price. Then grab a high-end card.

What is your budget? I will configure an alternative, or gear your proposed build a little differently.

My budget is $1400-$1500. Right now the build is at $1,366. The Graphic Card has been the hardest decision to make. Any Recommendations? 

I agree with Berserker, Unless you have plans on adding a 2nd card for crossfire you don't need a 750 watt power supply,

I would like to have more upgradeability options rather than less. But I do have a couple hundred dollars more in my budget. Any Recomendations?

grab an R9 280x instead of a last gen AMD card

You could easily throw a R9 280x for only about $50 more you could put this one in:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-video-card-r9280xgaming3g,

It is a lot better than the 7870ghz you currently have picked.

The MSI looks like a it rebranding the Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition.The streaming processors are the same at 2,048, the ROPs are the same at 32 ROPs, the TMUs are the same at 128. The GPU architecture is based on GCN (Graphics Core Next) 1.0. The clock speed on the AMD Radeon R9 280X will run at 1GHz, just like the Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition. The memory will run at 6GHz on a 384-bit bus with 3GB of GDDR5, just like the 7970 GHz Edition. The TDP is exactly the same at 250W. But it is More $. Correct me if i am wrong. 

I was also looking at the Geforce GTX 770 as a Graphic Card

What is the difference between the two cards?

If you budget is $1500 then you should be looking at up-ing the CPU some.

Something like this will out-perform the AMD build. 

If you want to overclock, then get something like this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3wbXt

It has an SSD for your OS, an SSD for your games, and a 1TB drive for backup, plus it has an i5-4670k for overclocking with a GTX 780. There is a little extra budget for a fractal design case if you want. The antec p280 is equal but a better value at the moment.

If you DON'T want to over clock, then consider this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3wc7X

I don't plan to over clock. Is the extra performance boost come from games on the extra SSD? or is the performance gain in the processor?

All of the R9 and R7 cards are rebrandings except for the 290 and 290x. The R9 280x and the 7970 ghz are the same card just rebranded, but the R9 280x is about $100-$200 cheaper so there is no real reason to look at the 7000 series cards any more. 

Okay thanks for explaining that.

If you don't want to overclock it is big waste to buy fx 8350.  Do you want to only play games? or some other things like video editing, recording games or something else? 

SSD will speed up load up time of games and so but it will not improve FPS.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3wc7X

The Xeon on this build handles 8 threads like the 8350, but is faster and uses less power. The 8350 cant really catch up unless is it is heavily overclocked.

The GTX 780 is also MUCH more powerful than a AMD 280x and below. the 290 is comparable to a GTX 780 and is in fact faster in many tests, but not by that much.

In this build, the SSD's will give you MUCH better loading times and also remove load jitters some people get when playing load-as-you-go games on an HDD (like modded skyrim with lots of HD textures). The other benefit of having a seperate drive for your game files is that it means your drives are being used all the time, they last long and you can make copies of your important files as a backup. I have killed drives by torrenting and playing games at the same time. It is not good. It is best to keep drives with different purposes. They last longer and you get a lot more performance from the drives by separating the tasks to different storage devices.

ie: the os drive is busy with windows stuff, your game drive is dedicated to game loading and saving, and you have the HDD with your important files and media on it that is just resting and not being used at all.