Noctua NH-L9x65 + RYZEN 7950x in ECO mode

Hi, can anywone test or have knolage how Noctua NH-L9x65 handels RYZEN 7950x temperartures in ECO mode, in low PC case? Thank you

I know it’s not exaclty your use case, but I can tell you that it’s kinda able to cool my 3700x with a -0,075mV flat undervolt. If I stress test the system I get near 90°C but not much more. While gaming it gets up to 70-75°C. I really doubt that double the cores, even running at 65W could be cooled.
The formula to calculate the TDP is still the same between the 3700x and the 7950x and they bot use almost the same ⁓87W under load according to Gamers Nexus. So the definitive answer is most likely yes, it will work. Noctua says that the CPU might throttle using this cooler.

That’s all I got, hope it makes sense.

at first I thought that was a NH-L9i and I was like absolutely not

but the x65 might actually be doable, we don’t have one at the office or else I’d try it

1 Like

Thank you for all the replying, still searching for best option, think something better NH-L9x65, can be found.

Down draft coolers can be really good check out reviews from optimum tech on YouTube

Now the last one, since you’re gonna use eco mode
A few PBO suggestions

• Set PBO to advanced
  • Set frequency override to -500mhz, you won’t be hit peak freq anyway and this will help with CO
  • Set curve optimizer to negative 10 and work on increasing that number
  • Set your custom power and temp limit

The higher your frequency the wider the gap of voltage increase is needed, this means the lower the frequency the more over provisioned on voltage it is, so we cap the top 500mhz for enhanced stability, this means we can hit a higher curve optimizer number for ever lower voltage

Remember volts X amps = watts, and we’re primary Watt limited in eco mode, this will increase the frequency ceiling, especially all core

Thanks, also thre new videos showing 7900 none X that show that it’s posible also I think I saw 13900K able to operate just needs a low clocks .

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.