No signal unless cmos cleared

My friends pc was working fine but he upgraded his case to a node 202, fitted every thing and no signal.
so my first thought maybe its the pcie card ,
so to make sure i plugged his gpu directly back into the mobo, and still no signal
I unplugged the gpu and because he’s got a ryzen 5600g I plugged the display port cable directly to the mother board and again no signal.
I tried other cables but no luck.

I than cleared his cmos and boom after a few minutes he got a signal thru his mother board, hooked up the gpu and we got a signal happy days.

so rebuilt his pc and turned it on, no signal , cleared the bios and it worked.

it seems like every time the pc is turned off and than back on we loose all signal, the pc is on fans on the cpu and gpu are running, just no signal to the monitor

we even tried a pcie extension cable that 100 percent works but no signal unles the bios is cleared.

his pc specs are
ryzen 5 5600g
gtx 1050 ti
gigabyte auros b550 pro itx with newest bios
a corsair 600watt sfx
ram im sure its 16gb but not the fastest speeds
and a m.2

Any help would be appreciated

Since the issue occurred right after a case swap I’d start with checking your physical connections first. Are all your PCIe cards and power connectors firmly seated (including the ATX 12V)? If everything looks good there then I’d strip the system down to a minimum state. Pull any PCIe cards, disconnect USB headers, RGB, non-boot drives and their sata power, case audio, case LEDs/switches (leave power button connected or short the header… your choice), and all USB peripherals except the keyboard/mouse. If it’s not required to boot Window; pull it. Hopefully that resolves your issue and you can start adding devices back one-by-one until you’re able to identify the culprit.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.