No Problems With the ASUS WRX90E-SAGE-SE!

Watched Wendel’s video on the motherboard last night while swapping out my TRX50 mobo with the Asus one. I was convinced it wouldn’t work because my build checked off almost every problem case. I Was using a 4090, a 512gb 5600mhz kit, and got one of the day 1 boards from B&H (I couldn’t take apart my PC when I first got the board due to needing it for work).
I just decided to send it with all 8 dims populated and 4090 in. It all just worked! Memory training took less than 5 minutes, it recognized all of my dimms and I was able to boot into Windows via my Redriver card.

My CPU is the 7985WX and I am using a kit of 0.5TB of the Hynix HMCG94AGBRA181N PC5-44800. I am also using the MSI Suprim Liquid X 4090. I assume that card isn’t plagued by the same VBIOS issue someone else on here had. The board came with the December 20th, 404 bios.

An off-topic question that I had was, has anyone seen this CPU go over 4.7ghz with PBO? If so how? With all stock settings and PBO on Enhance mode, I never see it over 4.7. Maybe 4.72. On my TRX 50 board I also never saw it go to the advertised 5.2 or what have you, always stuck at 4.7. I have a very beefy cooler that keeps it at 40-50c so its not a thermal issue.

Anyway, feel free to ask me any questions about my build or perf numbers if you are planning to spec out a similar configuration!

5 Likes

What PSU are you running?
There is some speculation the PSU is the cause of many of the issues people were/are experiencing on WRX90.

I’m using the Seasonic Prime ATX 3.0 TX-1600

3 Likes

FWIW I just set up my WRX90E with 7995WX and it’s working great! Seasonic 1200W supply. HWID reports a peak of 1000W on the CPU package!

1 Like

Hey quick question does your bios have ddr ras the umc menu?

9 New Things About Overclocking Ryzen Threadripper 7000 - SkatterBencher.

If you were to assume that this website is correct, it seems likely that you are hitting the CState Boost Limiter, which limits the global max clock speed after a certain number of cores are in use.