No AMD SEV memory encryption on AM4 Ryzen 3 3100 + ASRock Rack B565D4-V1L

Greetings, fellow hoomens.

I was wondering whether i could use SVM with SEV on my ASRock Rack B565D4-V1L mobo - that’s encrypted RAM with a unique key per each VM.

tl;dr - No, it seems i can not!

The clanker helped figuring it out, but ultimately was unable to suggest configurations that yielded SEV capability.

For rabit hole aficionados, i’ve attached the chat log of my interaction with the clanker - GPT-6 Luna with RAG via DuckDuckGo:
duck.ai_2026-10-07_13-57-02.txt (46.7 KB)

…i hope this helps de-duplicating effort. :clinking_beer_mugs: cheers

Only supported on the high end server EPYCs. AMD makes it hard to find this kind of information, it has a summary here AMD Secure Encrypted Virtualization (SEV) | AMD which only lists EPYC server CPUs, somewhere else there is a table showing encrypted memory support available on I think all Pro CPUs (?) but not SEV. I wish AMD had clearer docs.

1 Like