Nintendo Switch

That is not confirmed, and we don't even know if it's even a plain X1 or a semi-custom product. That's made up until it is officially confirmed by Nintendo or NVidia.

Comparing the NES Classic to the Switch is pretty asinine. The NES Classic was a filler collector's toy, that actually didn't sell well.

This Skyrim comment shows how much you ignore reality, it is a fact we had Skyrim for YEARS now, and a lot of people already got it on some platform. It's also a fact that Skyrim HD graphics have been out on PC before the other consoles through mods.

Also, you compare an i5 like I was comparing an ARM CPU to an i5 6600K, an i5 4300U is a big difference from a 6600K. 4300U is a heavily underclocked desktop i3 in a way. And we havea few ARM CPUs close to this already.

Also, why does this matter, as far as consoles go, the PS4 and Xbox One and PS4 Pro have shitty processors as well, people are on this forum talking about how underpowered the FX 8350 is and it's twice as powerful as the PS4's CPU. Like Nintendo needs that much CPU power, the GPU matters more pal.

You know nothing about online on the Switch other than it being there and guess what, Microsoft tried fucking people before badly on that which cause the PS4 to destroy the Xbox One, and now even Sony is starting to rip people off by jacking those prices. Nintendo wouldn't be the first, they are late to the game.

Are you hating on Nintendo for the sake of it, at least have a logical reason and not be retarded. Also, I was on Amazon shopping for a laptop when it supposively "broke" Amazon, nice try, that didn't happen.

Now I know you are trolling, it broke Amazon with the level of orders it got. Ha ha ha. +1 for having the facts before you talk.

Why did you bring thatbup again. The switch cannot even do full HD. It is only 720p. Mods have no use in this as the console will never get them and it could not run them if it did. And skyrim has never been officially ported to ARM so it is an entirely new game effectively or as nintendo like another re release. It's like thats all they have left.

Edit: also nvidia do not spin custom chips for partners that's AMD. Thus is a standard X1 just down clocked because the thermal design of the switch cannot handle it. Just a mess from the word go.

Nintendo has clearly lost their minds

1 Like
4 Likes

Elaborate please. They made a more appealing system than the PC knockoffs. Unlike the Wii U.

Well, at least now Nintendo has stopped with that stupid region lock. But even if it's under powered, I'm gonna grab it for Link (and for the wishful thinking that there will be a Metroid game also)(I don't want to wait for emulation). Call me maybe a fanboy but the last consoles that enter our house was the PS3 and the Wii, so it've been a while. And i want to know if there would be a work around to be able to connect my xbox one s controller with bluetooth instead of using nintendo's controller.

1 Like

I don't know why people think Skyrim takes any kind of horsepower at all to run smooth at decent detail. I've tested that game on 720P Medium preset with 2xAA and 4xAF to run at a stable 45FPS on an Athlon 64 X2 4400+, 2GB PC-3200, and 8800 GTS 640MB. That is an 11 year old PC that wasn't even top-dollar at its time. Just about ANY modern SoC can match or exceed that kind of performance.

3 Likes

Nintendo just can't seem to get it through their thick heads that their hardware is irrelevant, and that their real value comes from their IP like Zelda, Pokemon, Mario, etc. The franchises they've developed are far more valuable and impressive than any bottom-of-the-barrel hardware product they've released since the Wii. Imagine the amount of money Nintendo could make if they would just buckle down and write games for the PC. Maybe even release them on Steam. They'd be swimming in even more money than they already are.

2 Likes

Tell that to the people here, Nintendo actually showed the value of their IPs, while people here are already crying about Nintendo's hardware without knowing the performance specs.

That said, Nintendo games on PC would be great, yes. If only that would ever happen outside of emulation.

Those accessory prices though.

3 Likes

yeah, with emulators like Dolphin 5.0, DeSmuME and VBA, I can already run the vast majority of the games that Nintendo has ever released. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Wind Waker both run with HD textures at 900p at uninterrupted framerates on a 14 inch laptop with a GPU only marginally faster than an overclocked 7770. Wii and GCN games run on potato hardware nowadays. All we need is for Cemu and Citra to be developed more and I'll be able to emulate Breath of the Wild anyway, not to mention all the 3DS games.

It would just be nicer if Nintendo would support that kind of thing. It would be of greatest benefit to themselves...

3 Likes

It's a 32GB cartridge system, that's ARM/CUDA vs more powerful X86/GCN systems, and vastly more powerful in the Scorpio

meaning no third party dev is going to waste time porting games unless the switch sells in massive numbers

however at $299, and with only 1 launch title, I doubt they'll sell very well, especially with nintendo's reputation for not making enough systems

3 Likes

Just a thought here.

Why do we keep getting "OMG PCMR" comments in here on a discussion about a console? I can get where people are concerned about it's hardware capabilities but Nintendo knows better than us what they want in their games (and I mean, that's what we buy it for right... not 3rd party stuff) so I'm not concerned about it. Everyone is entitled to their critisism of it and I'm not taking away that from all, but the attitude of "not a PC so it sucks" (or anything similar) just makes PC gamers look more like an ass.

Buying a switch doesn't keep you from playing PC games. I still have my GTX1070 in my laptop for any AAA gaming and for the 'leet' graphics, but if I just want to have some pure fun with my wife or even alone I'll have the switch. Very few people make a game experience like Nintendo.

I'm not entirely satisfied with the hardware specs, at least what we can interpret from it, but it's going to be damned fun for sure. At 300 dollars I felt like the enjoyment factor from that would be worth it in the long run. I have a tablet for tablet purposes so I'm not worried about any of that. I have a phone for web browsing so I'm not worried bout that either.

1 Like

I don't know, they already got a fair share of 3rd Party devs, can't say that it's anything impressive (yet), but it is faring better than the Wii U in terms of 3rd Party support already. This could be problematic if the system is underpowered, that would be a very Nintendo thing to do is what concerns me. But until NVidia tells us (or somebody else, Nintendo doesn't do that for some reason), we won't know, I can only tell it's more powerful (undocked even) than the Wii U from Zelda: Breath of The Wild footage. The Wii U has a CPU weaker than a PS3 and Xbox 360 I think, and the GPU is only 50% more powerful than the Xbox 360.

I agree with the system being 32 GB being problematic, although cartridges as of today will most likely be faster than Optical storage and may even hold as much. I wish it was at least 64 GB, I was buying a microSD card for it anyways.

While true that it's less powerful of a configuration, developers have time and time again shown they are perfectly willing to be pushed, shoved and bullied into nVidia's GameWorks ecosystem. Porting most AAA title games to the Switch will probably take minimal effort as a result.

3 Likes

They only seem to really have like Skyrim, with no mods, so it's trash lol

They needed like SFV, Tekken 7, GTAV, Resident Evil 7, FF15, Kingdom Hearts 3, FF7 remake

basically they already seem to be lacking all the big AAA games that are coming or have already come out

One of the games was running Frostbyte 4 and I watched a video the other day where someone pulled some code from the engine that had some switch specific settings. Basically, it's alleged, that the switch will be able to play Frostbyte 4 on medium settings at 30 fps is what I think I remember hearing. Let me see if I can find where I got that from.

@Streetguru I don't buy Nintendo consoles for AAA games. I have a Xbone and PC for those. I'd be willing to bet the majority of Nintendo fans could share that sentiment.

So far 80 games are planned those games coming from 50 different developers. Including but not limited to Nintendo, Sega and EA.

Some cool game titles include:

Xenoblade 2
Shin Megami Tensei
Sonic Mania
Bomberman
Rayman
No More Heroes
FIFA

If this was what I was hoping it to be: a fancy as shit android/shield TV with mobile capabilities. I would have been a day one buyer.

This, does not interest me at all.

You can only keep milking the same IPs for so long. It has been dry since the Gamecube.....

300ā‚¬ for a tablet?
That is roughly were the Samsung Galaxy TabA T585N sits.
That thing has 16GB storage on board and a 10Wh battery. Not to crash the party, but the TabA is as good as it gets at those price point without major sacrifices.

In 2013, Microsoft broke down their revenue from the platforms like this:

Created unique products. Then they got stuck with the head in their asses and went out to sue everyone showing their games online. Very inovation! Much wow!

The switch will be based on the Nvidia Tegra X1.

We are talking Nvidia here, not AMD!

Sureeeeeeeee... http://time.com/4568238/nes-classic-sold-out/

Take a look at power draw, then the single thread rating, then the overall score. Not to bad, IĀ“d say.

https://gamerant.com/nintendo-nes-classic-sold-out-amazon/

1 Like