Newest AMD AGESA, risk of blowing up?

What are the risks of old agesa blowing up my cpu? I have a asrock x670e steel legend and a 7950x. It has yet to blow up and I am running on bios version from december. I am kind of iffy as it has not blown up yet, to upgrade to a beta bios with the newest agesa for fear of this soc issue with x3d. Have any non x3d chips blown up in the same fashion as their x3d counter parts?

I think derbauer had a 7900x show damage.
Maybe watch the latest GN video? Idk if you find any relevant info there. It is long and it mentions Wendell but I haven’t really paid attention.

I just cabt find information if my board is affected. I have had bios running since before december and no blowing up of my cpu. @wendell what do you think? Is there a way to check soc voltage in linux? If left auto i cant see a reading for soc in bios.

Depends on the board. Lmsensors can usually read some stuff. Sometimes you have to compile something.

Perks of linux use. Sometimes frustration of windows users having stuff just work with exe.

Ummm. I can’t find any information on failed cpus being used with asrock boards. Would you update to most recent bios release from asrock if you were me? My concern is an up to date bios might be faulty where as my present one from early on in the release has not yet killed the cpu. I also want the newest if it ensures stability and not causing my house to burn down. Asrock released agesa 1.0.0.6 but the issue is I read somewhere the fix comes with agesa 1.0.0.7…

Yeah it’s fine. On ASRock if you weren’t over ddr6000 it didn’t even ask for an soc beyond 1.25

2 Likes

Thanks.

I saw one report of a failed CPU, a non 3D, on Asrock. However it is less common than on Asus due to different Bios implementations.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.