New Windows 10 build leaks with updated set of icons

I'm going to do it on day one, because I've been running the beta for a long while. and trust me the hype that Microsoft is trying to push might actually live up to it. but all they need to fix is the store, that is what stops it from succeeding.

I understand Microsoft is really trying now, they really are. despite all the bullshit in the past. but i'm curious if Developers are ACTUALLY going to follow through now. cause right now, All Windows 8 Apps on the store, have either been abandoned and or broken since Windows 10 came around. the Windows 8 Apps work in Windows 10 but i'm curious is it because Microsoft hasn't added the all the touch features completely or is actually because of the application truly broken.

if it's Windows 10 related. you didn't derail the thread lol

When I say dark, I mean the explorer windows like in my pic.
I have very light sensitive eyes. I wear sun glasses 24/7.
The black theme in Windows 10 just applies the the modern apps & overlay menus.

I like Windows. But if I know Microsoft, jumping into a new version day 1 can be a nightmare, best to just let all the bugs get squashed first. Also, I'm not a huge fan of the mandatory store integration. I dislike how everything now has to have a store of some kind. Why can't the store be a separate function? Also, I hope they do better with privacy, I used to not care about all the backdoor stuff Microsoft does but in a way Tek Syndicate has made me care more about my privacy. It will take a lot more than just functionality to win me back to liking Microsoft. Actually functionality should be the baseline. Above all else it should be functional, then make it secure. And honestly, its just my passion for gaming that keeps on team windows.

But hey, not to derail the thread. I do like the looks though. I like the sleekness, although the start menu is looking a bit too crowded but it is said to have customization, so in theory one should be able to make it look exactly how they want.

Sorry for ramble.

I don't follow. if anything it's meant to be much more secure. you are downloading an application that has been verified and deemed safe by Microsoft. and not everything has a store. but Microsoft wants all applications to be available through the store. similarly the way it is on Linux. its no different than downloading an App from a Software centre in Linux, you know its been verified and deemed safe by the Distribution developers.
we can now properly say if you catch a virus it's your own fault.

I've said this comment in the past, but Nothing is safe, no Linux Distro is safe, no Iterations of Windows is Safe, and OS X isn't safe, and neither is iOS and Android . someone in some way shape or form has your data, your ISP, your Phone carrier, sites you visit. shit even the government has physical data about you. you want to feel safe from internet privacy, then get rid of all your electronics. but a lot of people won't do that.

The way i see it, just choose your poison. cause if you really want to get down to it, All the OSes suck. (Pun intended) what matters is which gets your work done much better.

I can agree here. What matters is getting things done.

Let me clarify what I mean by a store. I do like the fact that all the apps are verified and you don't have to worry about getting a virus or some malware. BUT, I don't like how much information Microsoft farms off of you in the process. In Linux you just downloaded it, and that's it. In the Microsoft store you have to make an account, which is connected to your email, and they will want this to integrate with the account on the local machine. This is the type of behavior I don't want to see. I want them to keep the secure store but not make it so intrusive. I feel like they demand my information too much.

They are really pushing the idea of convenience over privacy. They make it seem like making everything all integrated will make you life easier and better. Which it will, but at the cost of them knowing basically everything you do. And for some that is a price they are will to pay. I used to be one of those people, but now I'm on the privacy train.

Also, I'm aware that somewhere, someone has my data. That is just the way of things. I'm just trying to make that list as short as possible.

The way this is now, is no different than it is on other platforms. the only difference between them is that you are once again. choosing a poison. if you want to get down once again, it's boils down to who is killing you with much more convenience? Microsoft or Google? or Apple? when it comes to Linux now, it comes down to the distros who kill you with convenience.. when you download something on Linux, you ever noticed how all the software centers recommend you things on the store? they are watching what you, if you want me to be blunt with it.

but i will say this in defense to Microsoft cause i have tested the Builds since day one,

• To Use the OS, you don't need an Email.
  • Cortana is off by Default. you can turn it on if you want to use it.
  • The store requires a Microsoft email to download apps from the store. you don't HAVE To use the store, similarly the way it is on other platforms. where you need an Gmail to download Android apps, a Mac account to download iOS apps. and think of it like this, Microsoft wants to integrate ALL software in the store, that would never happen. it would take forever. cause there is millions of software on the web. and personally i don't think Microsoft can properly do it. and yes once again if you download malicious software, we can now say it was your fault.
  • OneDrive is there, it's integrated, but you don't have to use it. it's not an app anymore.

if you want to keep the argument short, in your defense, since you say you want to make the list short as possible, you choosing an Android & Microsoft is worse, than just choosing Microsoft. and not to say we should trust Microsoft in the slightest either. even though they appear to have good intentions. but choosing 2 is bad in your case than choosing one.

but once again, like i said, all these companies for all intensive purposes are poison. you don't have to get poisoned. but if you like tech which poison are you going to choose? cause you probably aren't going to get rid of all your tech.

No, I won't be getting rid of my tech. I enjoy it far too much for that. (I'm also making a career out of it). But I still disagree with the constant need for companies to spy on you. I know they all do it at some level, there is no getting around it. But there are some companies that do it less and for less terrible purposes. Microsoft is one of the worst companies as far as privacy and security go. It's things like this article that give me major trust issues.

Not to mention Microsoft is notorious for letting the NSA in every possible backdoor that they have. Even Apple is against the NSA and wants encryption on all their devices that only the users have the key to.

Hell, even Wozniak sees Snowden as a hero.

To quote RMS

It is fashionable to recognise the viciousness of today’s computing only to declare resistance unthinkable. Many claim that no one could resist gratification for mere freedom and privacy. But it’s not as hard as they say.

We can resist:

Individually, by rejecting proprietary software and web services
that snoop or track.

Collectively, by organising to develop free/libre replacement systems and web services that don’t track who uses them.

Democratically, by legislation to criminalise
various sorts of malware practices. This presupposes democracy, and
democracy requires defeating treaties such as the TPP and TTIP that give
companies the power to suppress democracy.

But we are getting way off topic here. We can start a separate thread if you want to talk more about it.

windows app store requires integration with my username and pc nope no thanks. android app store requires the same thing so i dont use it. and apple app store forget about it i will root faster than you can blink and avoid the app store.

and people use throwaway cards for purchases online and use fake info. if you are smart and know enough about protecting your online life you can retain some privacy.

I'd like the ability to integrate apps into the start menu thing. Like press the windows button and see your programs list, shortcuts to downloads and control panel But also see your most recent Email and Twitter notifications. Possibly even top posts on your favorite subreddits (gamephysics)