So I am new to PC building and just bought the components for my first build. I have only started looking into the PC world for about a month now. Here are my components:
- MSI Radeon R9 280X Gaming Edition Twin Frozr IV
- G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000)
- Kingston HyperX 3K SH103S3/120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
- WD BLACK SERIES WD1003FZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
- NZXT Kraken X60 RL-KRX60-01 Ultra Performance Water/Liquid CPU Cooler 280MM
- LG Black Blu-ray Drive SATA Model UH12NS30
- CORSAIR HX Series HX850 850W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD
I want to get into overclocking but not necessarily start learning on this build. So if any of you guys/gals have a similar setup or know about this setup could give me some info for overclocking this setup would be appreciated.
Grab a better board matey, that 970 will fry if you oc the 8350. 990fx boards like the asus evo etc are pretty cheap and will oc ok.
Id drop the ram down to 1600 or so to save some cash and put that towards the better motherboard.
Rest looks good, overkill on the psu but it will be very efficient and quiet.
Thanks, yeah the psu is the part I did the least reading up on. I figured it would be decent choice and i would have room to add stuff without swapping it out in the future. I was looking at asus boards but seeing as i dont know overclocking i saw the msi and it was compatible with the 8350 and cheaper haha caught on quick that pc's are you get what you pay for. Thanks for the advice and will hold on to it for future reference.
May i ask why a WD Black drive? Most users get the WD blue series. I don't know what you intend to do with the build.That's why i ask.
m5a97 evo r2.0 is a good board. and if it cost alot. than go 990fx from asus. gigabyte also has some nice boards. a 8350 and a msi g46 isn't the best. maybe you can return it and get a fx 8320 and get a better board. you should be happy that you mobo isn't dead allready.
If you're not looking to use SLi (2 nvidia cards) ASUS m5a97 r2 evo is a great alternative like this^^ guy mentioned also if you're on a budget I'd go with a FX 8320 which overclocks to 8350 speeds easily. (my 8320 runs at 4.4 ghz)