New PC I7 7700K with MSI Z270 Gaming M7 need help choose DDR4 please

I only play games most of the times.

I play X-Plane 11 or P3D and once awhile I use my Vr Oculus rift cv1, but for flight sim I prefer to use my own cockpit
My main screen its a projector, my side view 2 tv moniter LG 43 inch and I have also 7 inch touch screen monitor for my GPS.

in X-plane 11 I got 25 Fps in regional city but big city like Los Angeles or New York drop to 15 Fps so its really not enough, my goal is to reach around 30 FPS.

Currently im running this on I7 4770K OC to 4.2 Gig with Geforce GTX 1080 with 16 gig of Ram G-Skills DDR3 800mhz , Motherboard MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming chipset 1150

Yesterday I bought the new I7 7700K with MSI Z270 Gaming M7.

Now I really dont know what kind of Brand DDR4 Memory RAM I need ???.

Like the speed 2400 mhz or 2600,2800,3000,3200 ...
Corsair, G-Skills or other brand

I really need your help guys. Thx very much to share your thought.

intel chips tend to have less then 1% difference in games between 2133 and 3200. the higher speed ram helps with ryzen and also a few non gaming task, but for intel builds it doesnt matter much. go for 2400 or so whatever cheapest.

1 Like

Always start with the Qualified Vendor List (QVL) for memory. Sometimes other memory will work, but not at full speed, etc. It's better to just start on the QVL and go from there.

That being said, G.Skill seems to have the best value for memory. I've been using them for a long time and have never been disappointed.

Here's your QVL for your motherboard:

Thx you very much I make my choice

G.skill Trident Z´s are fine.
But i´m not sure if upgrading to Kabylake is going to be that massive of an improvement over your current Haswell cpu.
Of course if will perform better, since the kabylake chips have better per core performance and ipc.
But dont expect anything mindblowing.
If you play on 4K screens, then you are probablly gpu botllenecked regardles.

No I stay far of 4K

Thats is misleading and not really correct.

This link only has a few games but I think it proves the point ram speed does indeed matter. Especially since you can get faster performance for basically nothing.

Also, another thing is Ryzen doesnt even gain that much more than intel with ram speed, though this link pertains only to intel.

Is that very single threaded? Because I suspect RAM capacity and pure CPU clockspeed to be the main factors here. I don't think your 1080 is doing a lot, right?

OP seems to have made his choice of RAM. I don't see a point continuing this discussion. If there is a point of discussion, please make a new thread about it.