New mobo, cpu and socket - old cooler possible?

Hello lovely people!

I just ordered some new parts for a “lil” pc upgrade and i was wondering, if I can bring my old cooler over to the new mobo/pc/cpu without any additional purchase / parts.

I currently have a NH-D15 screwed onto a i7 8700k and will be upgrading to the new i7 12700kf - mostly because my mental won’t allow me to drop down to an i5 and the i9 is a bit out of my budget. :'D

I don’t have the original box or additional accessories that came with the cooler. So… it’d have to work with the gear that’s built onto the lga1151 socket

it’s probs a hella simple thing to google, but I didn’t manage to find a solution… Maybe I’m just a bit stupid. :smiley:

cheers
heart

I think Noctua are offering a kit to allow older coolers to be mounted onto lga1700 for free:
https://noctua.at/en/noctua-announces-free-of-charge-mounting-upgrades-and-updated-cpu-coolers-for-lga1700

Although if you dont want to wait or if you are not eleigbe for some reason you can buy one from overclockers UK for £9: or im sure other places in whatever country you are in sells them

2 Likes

Their official policy is to support their coolers for 7 years as part of their warranty, including free SecuFirm2 mounting kits with proof of purchase.

Unofficially, Noctua will still send you a mounting kit if you contact support with a picture of the cooler on top of your new mobo box, so long as you’re only requesting one and the part you requested matches the socket on the new mobo.

“Almost every socket since 2006, for almost every customer” is why they’re so well liked among enthusiasts. They have good customer support and generally only put up barriers to prevent fraud.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.