I am building a personal home server for the first time, and also making this my first Linux build.
I am reusing a few key, and expensive parts in this build.
- G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32gb DDR5 cl30 6000
- 512 GB NVME - Boot Drive
- 1TB NVME - AzuraCast Audio Files
- 6tb HDD - File Backup. Possible Jellyfin Drive.
- 850 watt EVGA G2 power supply
I decided to go Intel Core Ultra with this Build to do something different than my main AM5 build.
- ASRock B860 Lightning wifi 6E Motherboard
- Intel Core Ultra 235T (used) only 35 watts
- A Darkrock DT 6 (Dual tower CPU Cooler)
- a used Cooler Master HAF 932 case in great condition.
- An Antec Fan Hub and some PWM fan extention cables (to clean up inside)
NO GPU needed. Built in internal Intel Graphics are all I need for the server.
Main uses for the Server
- Data Backup
- AzuraCast Streaming Server (more than 1 station)
- possible Jellyfin server.
Was going with Ubuntu 26.04 LTS as the system OS. Since the inspiration for the server was making my own AzuraCast it seems the most compatible and recent.
I have all the parts and was curious what you all think of this for a NOOB Linux user.
Thanks -
The Arcane Gearsmith