New Georgia gun law allows gun owners access to Schools, Airports, Government buildings, etc

I feel like this will only increase instances of gun violence around these places as people are dumb as hell when they are carrying and get into arguments. Statistically more likely to escalate to gun violence instead of De-escalating.

Those 11 words were a heap of vomitous dross, what can I say?

if that's what you made it out to be. who am i to argue?

What statistics? What percentages? There are already a lot of guns out there in legal hands. Usually when I hear about a shooting derived from escalation of anger it's a biker gang of questionable gun acquisition. It's not like the people you are allowing to carry in a school aren't already carrying everywhere else.

You can already concealed-carry your pistol up to the parking lots of these areas. You can legally conceal carry in every other part of the state unless strictly prohibited by a private business already. Realistically, what changes now?

1 Like

so why are we arguing about this new "law" when everyone saying it has no effect. guns are gona guns and fire

It doesn't say anything about concealed carry in the article. An easy pick out is the change of guns in bars. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see the low hanging fruit of what's going to happen. People drinking and getting into fights + guns when before it was drinking and fighting alone.

You can open carry with a license in bars in Georgia already.

http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/georgias-carry-laws-explained/frequently-asked-questions/

Legal in restaurants with bar areas since 2010, and legal in free-standing bars since July 1st of last year.

Fair enough

There is a problem of just classifying all felons and mentally ill as unfit for firearm ownership.

Here is a list of what classifys as a fellony

Copyright infringement and tax evasion make you ineligible for gun ownership? (imo some of those crimes aren't felony. leave it to government to imprison so many people)

Also most mentally ill aren't a danger to anybody. many the people with the mental issues that could be a threat don't go for help. And its not like we can force everyone to see a psychiatrist against their will to make sure their OK.

On the freedom and security scale I rather be closer to freedom.

I loved this answer.

Q: What about “high capacity” magazines?

A: Do you mean normal capacity magazines? Georgia has no law reducing the capacity of magazines for firearms.

Haha. Mind you, that link is a pro-gun open-carry organization in Georgia, but the facts are directly linking to article and bill codes. The person who did their FAQ pretty clearly added some of their own bias and flair in to the opinion portions of answers for sure.

Missouri has done something interesting with regards to felons owning firearms since it made bearing arms an unalienable right. There was recently a case that went up to the MO Supreme Court which over whether a particular felon could own a gun now in MO. Turns out they said he can't, but it was interesting. There certainly are some felonies which don't seem to have anything to do with public safety.

Dude I didn't say any of that you seem really paranoid.

Once again, people who get into altercations and carry are more likely to escalate the altercation into using said weapon. While not the best science, it's not bunk either. That's what I'm saying. I don't need some slag who's mad he can't get some tail picking fights at the bar and having a gun.

While I find the premise of your reason to carry preposterous, if you're doing it responsibly, that's your business. The problem is there are entirely too many irresponsible owners.

Well, this'll be interesting. If this proves to greatly lessen the amount of shootings in Georgia then the country as a whole will need to look at this and reconsider our attitude. If nothing changes in Georgia, then we'll know that this isn't the solution.

Anyone that resorts to fighting in a bar is fairly idiotic. I certainly don't make a habit of it, don't know about you. But basically, what is happening now in the case that the violence and idiocy escalates to using a weapon, people are simply going out to their cars to grab their guns then walking back in anyway. It's happened time and time again, The criminal will continue to be a criminal.